PILOT

Chapter 1- Pilot

Chapter 1- Pilot

Christine Bell had no shame in saying that she ate pies for breakfast. She had a somewhat addiction to stabbing a knife into the flesh of a freshly baked pie. Christine often invisioned that her pastry would be a specific person who annoyed her that day or the one before and that would result in filling exploding across the counter and a lot of paper towels.

How she met Emma Swan was because of a pie.

Christine had been strolling down the street with her new snack, though it was around dinnertime, she thought she would enjoy eating a pie instead of takeout for dinner. It was a beautiful pecan pie that she thought Dean would like (but then again, he really liked any pie) when she had bumped into a blonde standing by a yellow bug.

"I am so sorry-" Christine stopped mid sentence and stared. Her pie had fallen on the ground, filling leaking and making a miniature puddle around it. "My pie," she whimpered, scooping the tin container and what was left of it. The blonde apologized and looked to Henry, a kid she was quite fond of. "Henry, Christine! What are you doing here?" Archie yelled, noticing the two people who had appointments with.

"Who is this?" Christine asked, starting to grow suspicious of the unfamiliar person. "Just someone trying to give him a ride," the blonde said, stiffening a bit after putting away her cell phone. "She's my mom," Henry cut in, a grin starting to form on his lips. Archie Hopper, being good at masking his surprise, just answered, "Oh. I see."

Christine however, was not really good at anything.

She had meant to say something smart, like, "Nice ringtone," or something like that. Instead, her mind was some place else, in the gutters most probably when she decided to say, "Nice dicktone," she said. In that split second, the only thing she thought of was, fuck.

The blonde seemed to be terribly uncomfortable and disturbed (though Christine couldn't blame her) while Henry's mouth twitched in a smile. He was used to her crazy mix ups and outbursts when trying to hide her shock or trying to make conversation. In this case, it was both.

"Do you know where he lives?" Henry's mom asked nervously, regarding Archie and also ignoring Christine. "The Mayor's house is the biggest one on the block," Archie responded, also used to Christine's outbursts. "You're the mayor's kid?" Henry's mom asked in disbelief, having an expression between pissed and what-the-hell-why-didn't-you-tell-me?

Christine knew it well, she had recieved many. Mostly because she kept a lot of secrets, mainly about her report card.

Henry replied quietly, almost shyly. "Maybe." As Archie led Christine away from the two, he had an amused expression on his face. "That was better than last time." Christine gave him a smile. "You remember that?" Archie laughed. "How could I forget? Didn't Darren tell you to," Archie cleared his throat. "'Suck his dick?"' She sighed wistfully.

"I told him that there's no fun in bite sized."

~~~~

Christine collapsed on her apartment's bed, not even caring about whether she had her shoes on or not, in fact, she could put her boots in the sink if she wanted to! Her dog, Armid had pounced on her several times before resigning on the side of her bed.

A knock echoed in her small apartment and she groaned. "Who would want to visit me?" Christine started to replay everything she'd ever done and anyone who would want to knock on her door. "Sorry Satan, can't take my soul today." She heard laughter from the other side of the door.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not that evil." Christine let a sigh of relief, it was just Mary Margaret. "The door is open." Mary Margaret opened the door, a smile on her face. Armid bounded towards the black haired woman, placing his paws on Mary Margaret's legs. Armid loved her and it was all because she always brought treats which Christine thought was unfair.

"Hey, how are you? I was getting worried when you didn't answer any of my calls."

"Sorry, met some person today," the girl answered nonchalantly. It wasn't a big deal, but to Mary Margaret, it was life changing news. "Did you get along? Were they your age? Was it a boy? Were they cute? How did you act? What did you say? What was their name? Are they from school-" "Mary Margaret, it was Henry's birth mother."

Mary Margaret stopped and both eyebrows shot off. "Really?" She asked with an odd lack of excitement. "No wonder he didn't attend school today." The red head looked up, no longer busying herself by tossing a pillow in the air. "He missed school? Wonder what The Evil Queen will say when he shoves his birth mother in her face." Mary Margaret quirked an eyebrow. "Has Henry shown you his book lately?"

"Maybe," she said sheepishly. "It fits the description and might as well." Mary Margaret, not wanting to discuss the mayor, asked about her appointment with Archie tomorrow. Christine paused and stared at the ceiling, completely silent before asking, "Did you bring dinner? My original dinner is gone and I was about to order takeout, but," she licked her lips. "I don't really want soggy noodles."

They spent the last few hours talking and eating left over meatloaf and bologna until they wished eachother goodnight and turned to their own beds.

~~~

Christine heard the creak of floorboards underneath her as she stepped across a wooden floor. She felt herself groan as a sword flew from her hand by a strangely familiar man. The man's voice echoes in her dream and said, "Come on Katherine. Is that the the best you got?"

"Christine! Christine!" The girl groaned, trying to recall the voice she heard in her dreams, but it was quite difficult. It was like water, slipping and spilling out of her hands the more she tried to grab at it. "Christine!" When Christine opened her eyes, the ceiling looked like stars, and for some reason, she could name all of their constellations. "Weird," she mumbled.

"Now that you're awake," Mary Margaret said, smiling. "you should get ready for school." "Mary Margaret," Christine said. "what are you doing here?" "Well I thought I could take you with me, seeing that I teach at the same school you attend." Christine snorted. "That's because it's the only school in Storybrooke."

Mary Margaret shook her head. "Just get ready." The red head grunted, moving away sluggishly from the comfy bed she would gladly call her home. As Christine's mind was on her peculiar dream and really not on anything else, she tripped on the mat in the bathroom, left her clothes on in the shower, and tripped again on the stairs.

"Ta da! I made it out of the apartment alive!" Mary Margaret gave a light applause and a chuckle before taking her to Granny's.