【5。promise】

After explaining everything to Taekwoon and having him agree to sing for Wonshik's song, Mimi decided to contact Wonshik and tell him her plan.

Wonshik really wanted to let Jaehwan be the one singing the vocals but he doesn't have any choice. The date of cut off is also coming near and he can't ask Jaehwan to sing before the due date so he agreed.

After a week since talking to Taekwoon, they decided to meet up again, but this time, with Wonshik.

Mimi haven't told Wonshik about her connection with Taekwoon. All she said was he was someone who can help him.

Mimi and Wonshik arrived first in the café. They were supposed to meet at 8am, but it's 15minutes past the said time.

"So, how is this gonna work?" Wonshik asked, looking weirdly at the slice of cake across him.

"Honestly, I don't know how Jaehwan will react but I'll watch him. And plus, it's double benefit for you." Mimi said. Wonshik looked weirdly at her.

"Well, you get to finish the song and then make Jaehwan yours later." Mimi said while stirring her iced tea.

The bell chimes echoed in the café.

"He's here." Mimi smiled at the newcomer.

"Took you a while." Mimi told the guy.

"Hakyeon saw something and said he'll follow later." Taekwoon said.

"Is that Wonshik?" Taekwoon asked as he pointed to the guy beside Mimi.

"Yep. And Wonshik, that's Taekwoon. Jung Taekwoon." Mimi introduced.

"N-nice to meet you. I'm Kim Wonshik." Wonshik bowed at the other male.

"Hey, hey. No need to be so formal. You're a friend of Miyu, right? So it's fine." Taekwoon said. Mimi glared at him.

"Miyu?" Wonshik asked Mimi.

"He named his cat after me and calls me by it." Mimi sent another glare at Taekwoon. Wonshik just nodded.

'They must be close' Wonshik thought.

"You can sit now, Taek." Mimi raised her left eyebrow at Taekwoon and looked at the seat infront of her.

Meanwhile, the other guy that was left at home just woke up from his not-so-good sleep.

Jaehwan felt something was completely off about Mimi and Wonshik. He was so sure that it's fine that his sister is dating his bestfriend.

"Argh!" Jaehwan yelled in frustration.

He doesn't understand why is he behaving like that. It was all after Wonshik confessed that he likes him more than a friend.

He ran away after he told Wonshik that he isn't gay. But why did he run? Wonshik could be joking.

That night after Wonshik confessed to him, he cannot sleep.

He was thinking if what Wonshik said was true or it was only a prank.

He was... scared?
'No.' He said.

Why would he be scared, right?

He wanted to ask Wonshik if what he said was true or not, but never had the courage to. So, when Mimi and Wonshik started 'going out'. He was---mad. More like confused.

Jaehwan was making himself something to eat when he realized that Mimi wasn't home.

What if he's with Wonshik? He asked himself, but shaked away his thought. He was her brother anyway. He can call her anytime.

So, Jaehwan took his phone and dialled Mimi's number. After the first ring, Mimi picked up.

"Hello? Jaehwanie? Please don't yell. I'm sorry for not telling you that I'll go early today, I can't wake you up to ask you, you look like you lacked sleep." Mimi explained.

Jaehwan's worries lessened, but the real question comes up.

"Where are you? With who?" Jaehwan asked seriously.

"I'm with Wonshik and a friend. We're going to Wonshik's studio to record the vocal of the song made by Wonshik." Mimi said with a smirk, but Jaehwan can't see it.

"W-what? F-for real?" Jaehwan asked. He was hurt. He remembered that promise he made with Wonshik a year ago on Wonshik's birthday, when Wonshik got a new computer from his parents.

"Yep. Oh, and we're here. Talk to you later! Bye!" Mimi said and ended the call.

Jaehwan stared into the space. His eyes started to pool. He doesn't know why. More like, denying the truth that he knows.

°~°

"Happy birthday again, Wonshikkie!" Jaehwan greeted the birthday celebrant after the party.

"Hey, hyung. Wanna help me open my presents?" Wonshik asked.

"If it's okay with you?" Jaehwan hesitantly asked.

"Of course, hyung!" Wonshik said and he pulled Jaehwan.

They started opening every gift that Wonshik recieved. His classmates got him a brand new headphone to use. His parents got him a new computer, speakers, mini piano, and a drumpad. Other people got him things related to music. And Jaehwan and his stepsister got him fairy lights, because he won't stop talking about putting it in his studio.

"You got things to compose now. I suddenly feel bad for only getting you fairy lights" Jaehwan then started to sulk.

"You were the only one who knew I wanted those. And plus, you're going to give me the biggest gift soon." Wonshik said, assuring his bestfriend.

"What? What will I give you?" Jaehwan asked.

Wonshik looked straight at Jaehwan's eyes.

"A masterpiece, Jyani. I want you to sing my first song. " Wonshik sincerely said.

"R-really?! Won't I ruin it, though?" Jaehwan said and he lowered his head.

Wonshik frowned at him. "Your voice is gold, Jyani. It'll be perfect." Wonshik said and lifted Jaehwan's head again.

"I'll do my best! I promise!" Jaehwan said and he smiled.

"There, just smile. And I promise that you'll be the person who'll record it." Wonshik said and he patted Jaehwan's head.

°~°

Jaehwan's tears fell while remembering their promise to each other.

"Wonshik, you stupid fool. You forgot about me that fast?" He managed to say between his sobs.

Jaehwan kept crying for the rest of the day.

■■■
Okay, I am sorry that I made Jyanie cry :'<
I didn't know what happened and I just wrote that.
I was listening to random music when I wrote this part.
A

nd I'm sorry if the flashback was shit