❥|𝐓𝐰𝐨.

.....once again, ex-model Adrien Agreste has really outdone himself in giving the public an insight into the heirs of the royal family.

Alya Césaire.

Adrien smiled as he read the recent article documenting the last organized shoot.

Juleka's sessions had always seemed to place him in a better frame of mind. He just hoped that Chloé would be willing to admit she needed some assistance.

See if you can bring her along next time, and as always, if she doesn't want to be here, that's fine.

He remembered the woman's words right before he left her office and sighed as he looked at the frame with a photo of Chloé blowing a kiss.

"Come in." He called as he absentmindedly fingered his wedding band.

"Sweetheart?"

He gasped when he met the gaze of an older woman. "M-mom? W-what are you doing here?"

Emilie perked a blonde brow at his dumbfounded reaction. "Uh, I work here?" She chuckled, and he rose to his feet with his arms open wide.

The woman laughed as she patted his back. "Darling, you know, I'm not as young as I used to be. You're going to crush these old bones."

Flushed with embarrassment, he looked away and tried to think of an apology. But her comforting laugh warmed his heart.

They didn't need to communicate to know that he needed her, and so she patted the couch as she sank into it, welcoming him into the warm embrace of the arms he had come to love in the last twenty-seven years of his life.

Emilie rubbed her hands against his white dress shirt, comforting him in the way he appreciated most.

Physical touch.

"You need to say something?"

He sighed. "I—I feel like I've failed you, ma. I know how much you've wanted—"

"You haven't failed me, Adrien."

"But—"

"Stop that nonsense this instant." She cupped his cheeks and furrowed her brows.

Now that they were inches apart, she could see how sickly pale his skin looked and how the concealer had failed to hide the dark circles brimming under his eyes.

"My dear boy, although it's almost every parent's dream to see their grandbabies, it's not the only thing we're looking forward to. We want to see our children healthy, happy and free of worry, and if those are being sacrificed for the need to have a child, then it's not worth it."

Adrien lifted his gaze to his mother's slightly wrinkled face. "Please don't think any less of yourself because of this road block. You'll find a solution, I know that great mind of yours will. "

She placed a kiss on her son's cheek and gave a warm smile.

He just figured out what to do to help his wife.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Chloé furrowed her blonde brows as her eyes took in the sight of her home, while her right leg kicked the grand white door shut. It was odd. Usually there would've been a swarm of the house keepers at her feet wanting to know how to please their mistress, but they were nowhere to be found.