8

make sure to leave in line comments! <3

warning: explicit chapter towards the ending

"But if we add to much water they will float up!" Tallah screeched, pulling my arm back as I held a silver watering can. The water spilled outside onto Tallah's arm, which still trying to bring me away from the plants which I, according to Tallah's gardening logic, have just tried to brutally murder.

"They will absorb the bloody water," I squeaked out, covering my face as I laughed out.

"Well, clumsy, they can not simply absorb a whole can of water! Especially not when it is a teeny plant pot," she scoffed, pretending to be annoyed. The corners of her lips were edging upwards as I continued to giggle till my lungs hurt from the lack of air.

I smiled softly, my eyes darting at all the different flowers that surrounded us. The soft petals were delicate works of art, standing tall and strong in the secluded glass house. The floor was scattered with fallen, colourful petals. A million different hues adorned the glass room, so much that the glass was barely visible with vines and other gifts of mother nature that clung to it for dear life. I felt a pang in my chest as I remembered that this is possibly the last time I will be allowed out of the King's chambers. 

"This place is beautiful," I murmured, picking up a fallen rose from the ground.

"You should see the garden in summer, it's perfection out there," she grinned, probably visiting the memories of which summer brings, but also takes.

Her words struck me, summer? How long has she been here?

"Summer?" I question, my smile slowly fading away as I shake my head.

"Master," She scoffs, "deemed us to come here every summer, sometimes winter. He believes it will help me improve my 'useless human skills'," she air quotes, "with the help from other slaves."

"You don't live here?" I ask, my heart sinking to the thought of losing my only friend in this dull place.

"Live? Honey, humans don't get to live, they merely exist and survive," she whispered, sniffling, "but no, I have to leave in a month or so."

My words stuck in my throat as a broken breathe escaped my lips. Suddenly the room lost its vibrant colours and addictive scent.

"There's barely any people in this castle other the King and his guards. All of people you have seen in the kitchen and around the house, they are leaving in about two days again," She explained, her lips turning into a frown as she spoke about the king.