Superheroes

Dear Prince Charming,

     By the way, if you feel like an idiot writing Balloon Girl I feel like an idiot writing Prince Charming. I've never been the gooey romantic type. You know those couples who share a milkshake? Yeah, they usually make me feel like pouring the milkshake on them.

     Have you ever had that person who you knew couldn't do any wrong? I did, it was my father. To me the only person who could be equivalent to Superman was my dad.

     I never used to allow my mum to read me bed time stories. She hated the way my dad didn't read me normal bedtime stories like other kids but I loved that fact about my dad. He used to read all the great works and even though I never understood why those mice were complaining about cheese, I used to love how his eyes used to sparkle as he read as if he was saying something important.

      When my mum and dad divorced, I wouldn't even let my mum enter my room, let alone sit on my bed to talk. When my dad visited I could never meet his eyes. I couldn't stand to see that look in his eyes. Saying anything other than one word answers to him made me nauseous. After a while, he stopped visiting me and only came from my brother. It took some time to finally let my mum in but my dad, and every other person who was male, was out of the question.

     Anyway, I told you this long ass story to explain why I sent my letter later than usual. I'm not used to befriending people unless they're girls. It will take some time before I break that habit but I hope you hang around long enough for that.

Proudly,

Balloon Girl.

A/N
Finally redone this chapter. I thought it was time for their relationship to move forward. What do you think are Percy's thoughts on her opening up?