VII

"The door was unlocked, I let myself in since your lazy ass wasn't answ- Woah. What are you wearing?" Suga stopped in the doorway of Jungkook's bedroom, staring at his friend. Jungkook lifted the sunglasses and then the pair of awkwardly placed blue swimming goggles. 

"Why, does it look bad?" He mused.

Suga looked at him. "It's definitely not attractive." He snorted.

Jungkook grinned. "Perfect." He readjusted the goggles and left the sunglasses sitting on his head. "I'm ready to be in the ugliest pain in the ass there is. You have everything?"
"I have my shirt, my 'fuck you' beanie, I have this bandana that's patterned with middle fingers- what's all of this about anyways? You never do anything this weird." Suga cocked a brow.

Jungkook shrugged.

"Kim Taehyung is just the most unbearable, most smug ass bastard I have ever met." Jungkook said casually. "He gave me this camera and I want to show him that I can be just as irritating."

Suga nodded slowly and fixed the beanie that sat on his head. "How so?"
Jungkook wrinkled his nose. "He just... is. Y'know what he said to me before I left? 'Take some beautiful pictures for me, bunny!'" He didn't quite mimic Taehyung's voice, but it was more so the attempt that counted. "Oh I'll take some pretty pictures, alright, you prick." 

The only response from Suga was a quiet chuckle, earning a slight glare from Jungkook.

"What's so funny?"
"He likes you." Suga grinned. "But whatever. Let's get this show on the road." He clapped his hands together and picked up Jungkook's new camera, observing it briefly with slight admiration before aiming it in Jungkook's direction. "Ready?"

Jungkook shook off his previous look of unamusement and took hold of the sunglasses so it looked like he was in the midst of lifting them up. "I've been ready."
He made a face and held up the middle finger once again, and Suga took a good set of photos. Then after Jungkook took photos of Suga, he set the camera up on his tripod, having it set on a timer. 

"Here, you hold one end of the bandana, I'll hold the other. And then we'll flip off the camera and smile. Got it?" Jungkook instructed. Suga, while mildly amused by the unusual behavior his friend was displaying, obliged and did his part. They took a few photos together, one of which being Jungkook clinging onto Suga's back like a koala, a sweet smile plastered on his face and a look of annoyance on Suga's. 

After the mini-shoot was completed, Jungkook sat cross-legged on his bed going through the photos they had taken. "These are perfect."
"Mhm." Suga hummed and stood up. "If that's all, I'll be going back home. It's late." He yawned and waved lazily to Jungkook. "See ya later."
Jungkook nodded, muttering a 'goodbye' with his eyes still glued to the camera screen. He couldn't wait for Taehyung to see these.

And that moment came faster than Jungkook was anticipating.

The official opening of the bridge, which Jungkook was hired to photograph, was packed and busy, but even so Jungkook could pick out the blondie that was staying near the back of the crowd. Since Jungkook was given the freedom to move about the event and take photos, he did his best to steer clear. 

The reception was held afterwards at the nearby town park, where a lunch was set up as was live music from local musicians. Jungkook decided that rather than getting endless amounts of photos of people just socializing, he went back to the river to get photos of the bridge while it was still fairly quiet. He was pleased to find himself alone.

Jungkook crouched down to sit on his knees and began to snap photos of the bridge from a distance. He lowered it to look through the few shots he had just gotten, deleting a few that he found unsatisfactory. 

Now, how Jungkook failed to hear footsteps approaching or notice the presence that appeared directly in front of him, he had no clue. When he lifted the camera to take more photos, he found his line of vision to be blocked- by what Jungkook realized was a thigh clad in black leather pants. He immediately lowered the camera once more and shot his gaze up at the person, eyes narrowing. "Oh you're kidding me..." He grumbled.

Taehyung, looking down at Jungkook, grinned slowly. "I think I like this position." He brought a hand down to brush Jungkook's fringe out of his eyes. Jungkook instantly swat his hand away and stood up.

"What do you want." Jungkook sighed, fixing his hair. Taehyung smiled innocently.
"To see the photos you've taken so far, of course. I told you to take some beautiful pictures for me, didn't I?"

Jungkook paused, looked at the camera, and had to suppress the smirk. "Oh. That's right. Here, knock yourself out." He handed the piece of equipment over and sat down on the ground again, reclining back in the grass with his hands behind his head to watch Taehyung's expression as he went through the photos. He saw a look of confusion flash across Taehyung's face suddenly.

"Who's this with you?" His voice was level, but Jungkook could hear what sounded like... jealousy? 
"My friend Suga." Jungkook replied simply, trying not to smile too much. 

Taehyung nodded and continued to go through the photos. The confusion melted into an expression Jungkook couldn't really decipher. Shock? Annoyance?

"Something wrong, Mr. Kim? You're quiet." Jungkook tilted his head.

Taehyung's lips suddenly, to Jungkook's surprise, formed a smile. "Oh, not at all... Just admiring how cute you are." He cooed.

Jungkook's face drained of color. "Cute?

"Angsty, but cute. The goggles were a nice touch." He grinned and gave the camera back. "Anyways, I have another reason for coming to find you."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, sitting up with the camera in his lap, and waited for the blonde haired man to continue.

"Come to my place for dinner this evening." He finally said, and Jungkook clenched his jaw.

He stood up and brushed the grass of his jeans. "And what makes you think I'd take you up on that offer?" he rolled his eyes, pretending to busy himself with once again photographing the bridge.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't an offer, Kookie. It was more so a... oh, command sounds so harsh but- I suppose it was a command." Taehyung's voice was so smooth, Jungkook almost went weak in the knees. "Besides, you took all those photos just for my attention? Why wouldn't you want to join me?" He hummed in a low voice.

Jungkook shuddered and shrugged his hand off. "Fine. Whatever. What time?"
"7, sharp." He answered almost immediately.

"I'll be there." Jungkook grumbled and refused to look at him while he walked away, but he couldn't deny that he snuck a quick glance. This would be an interesting evening.