Destiny ~ 1

(A/N: Ben is Nash Grier's son)

I've pretty much lived in Canada all my life and I have a complecated life. My Dad was singer-songwriter Shawn Mendes and he stopped making music because when my twin brother, Caleb and I turned 5, he wanted to spend more time with us. I just got over a major break up with this guy who was My Best Friend and his name is Ben Grier. Ben and I haven't talked since then and what's worse is that My Dad is Best Friends with his Dad, which is hard as I have to see him whenever My Dad invites his Dad to dinner. He wants us to talk but I don't want to talk to him as this is due to him cheating on me and lying about it and I just hate liers and cheaters.

I heard a knock on my door so I spoke "Come in"

My Mom came in and asked "You alright Sweetheart?"

I responded with "Yeah. I'm fine, Why?"

My Mom replied with "You've been distant from us since you broke up with Ben"

I stated "He hurt me so much and I was a fool to believe he wasn't lying or cheating when he was. It just hurts so much"

My Mom awnsered with "It'll get better, I promise"

I nodded then whispered "Thanks Mom"

She whispered back "Anytime Sweetheart"

We hugged before she spoke "Now let's go downstairs and go to lunch as your Dad will be waiting and Caleb is impatient"

I laughed then got up and followed My Mom. When we got downstairs, Caleb was looking very impatient which My Mom knew he'd be.

My Dad asked "Ready to go?"

I replied with "Yes Dad"

Everyone laughed then we headed to My Dad's big, black Jeep which I love. We drove to a little café near by the beach. When we entered, the waiter knew who My Dad was so we got a private booth so we wouldn't get bothered.

I spoke "This was mine and Ben's favourite place to come"

My Dad replied with "We can go if you want Princess"

I responded with "No, I want to stay. I have to learn to get over him but I know it will take time"

They nodded then we ate our food which was delicious. Once we finished, we headed to the beach and My Dad got a phone call.

*Shawn's POV*
My phone rang so I anwsered it

~Call Started~

Me: Hello Andrew, What's up?

Andrew 🐕: Shawn, how would you like to come back to Island Records and make music again?

Me: Wow! I'd love to

Andrew 🐕: I'll need you in L.A next month

Me: What about your daughter and grandchildren?

Andrew 🐕: They can come too as I'd love to see you all again as I moved to L.A a few years ago

Me: Ok, Bye

Andrew 🐕: Bye

~Call Ended~

I can't believe My father in law is offering me my old job back and I've excepted it. I just need to tell Ellie, Sky and Cal and hope for the best.

*Skylar's POV*
Sitting on the beach reminded me of coming here with My Grandparents before they moved to L.A as My Grandpa is a record company manager.