FIVE

(note: this snippet story has swearing)

-------------------------

"Ah! Ah... ah, ah, neeooooo!"

Speed jerked his head up, staring at her. "Was that a cat I just heard?"

"My transmission is not working! It was, but now it's—" Lemon cut herself off with a whine of frustration, sending her screwdriver across the room with a half-hearted throw.

"Lemming, girl, you can't give up so easily. Round the proto cog tight."

"I did that!"

"Then did you check the plaire wire?"

"I did that, too!"

"Well, fuck. Huh."

Speed approached the large hunk of metal, eyeing it with his two separate colored eyes. Lemon sat on the shavings table, a little frustration curdling to joy as she watched his lower lip twist to be caught in his teeth.

"Well, if you bring that coltive spring over to the dampener..." He poked his wrench at it, moving a few wires. "Huh. Cool."

Without any further attention to the transmitter, he walked back to his sport bike and lounged, leaning against it. Lemon blinked.

"Well?"

"It's possible."

"'Possible' what?" the girl asked impatiently.

"To fix."

Speed shot her a roguish grin, his hazel and green eyes twinkling. Grabbing a towel to wipe his hands, he rose towards the exit. "Just let me know when you're done, and then maybe I'll reward you with a bit of my chocolate shake."

"Oh, fuck you," Lemon bit—yet her scowl drooped to a frown of despair as the door closed. She stared at the metal tower, then dropped her head against it. "Fuuuuuuuuhuhuhuhuuuuck."

Speed leaned on the door outside, his grin wide as he heard the moan.

Two more days to go.

Challenge: As you noticed, I have no idea what a transmission's parts are, or how they work. The point of this prompt is to HAVE FUN and write without worrying about the technical details. One of the things that drags us writers down is when we are in a writing spree but then suddenly have to stop because we don't know the technical details in which our story takes place. Don't worry about it! Write now, and then do the research and make edits later. Just don't let your creativity be wasted!

So write a story in a setting you've always loved but you know nothing about, and just make it up as you go!

Writing Prompts for the Mentally Deranged and Linguistically Addictedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें