Chapter 9

Things with Joanne went exactly how I thought they would.

     She mostly spent time with Carmella, while I worked on the heaping amounts of homework. I swear, they purposefully give us too much homework for the sole reason of making us even more stressed than we already are.

     I sighed. Most schools that even learn Pre-Calculus started it at 10th or 11th grade. Ours starts it right up as highschool does. It's not particularly difficult; I've always had a knack for math, so I learned this stuff last year by pure curiosity, but the other students are probably dying under the pressure of learning a much more difficult type of algebra.

     I finished my math homework without a hitch, and moved onto the Humane Letters reading.

     This was going to take forever.

~~

      I groaned and slumped onto Zoe, dropping my skate bag and loosely throwing my arms over her. She leaned back and hummed, pausing her conversation with one of the other figure skaters to lazily card her fingers through my hair. She knew I loved it when people messed with my hair; it was a huge stress relief for me. I hummed as well, moving my arms from around her shoulders to hug her waist from behind.

      This was why others thought we were a couple, but we were such good friends that we had nearly no boundaries. If she or Ally asked if they could practice kiss me I would agree, since I knew it wasn't for me. We still had some boundaries, though; we weren't going to do anything seriously life changing together, something that could result in a big mistake or misunderstanding.

     Homework took me three hours, I felt like dying earlier. Now I was at the rink, an hour before practice started. I hesitantly let go of the blonde, stretching, picking up my bag and heading over to the nearest bench.

     "Rough day?"

     I nodded. "Homework's a bitch, Zoe. Don't even bother with it." She laughed a sweet laugh, sitting down next to me and slipping on her skates.

    "I wouldn't, but that would bump me down to a B, meaning no skating 'til I get it back up to an A." Her parents were really strict about her grades, to a fault even.

    "True. But that's fine, I found your replacement for public skate. His name's Charlie."

     "Rude."

     It was lighthearted banter, and she laughed along, lightly shoving me.

    Once we finished tying our skates, she jumped up.

    "Listen up, bucko."

    "Bucko?"

     "Yes. You're gonna tell me everything about this 'Charlie' character or you're stretching on your own." I laughed. "Alright, alright."

     I told her all about him: how we met, how he wants to figure skate, how I helped him learn how to move forward. She got a kick out of when I told her he screeched like a pterodactyl when he first stepped on the ice.

     I told her about how he was strangely attractive, how the acne on his face didn't take away from his natural good looks. I told her about his goregous blue eyes, his dark-- nearly black-- brown hair. I told her about his slender, but fit body, how he had slightly noticeable curves, despite his best efforts to hide them because 'guys don't have curves, Alex'. I told her about his laugh, how he laughed at nearly everything, and how #blessed I felt when he smiled up at me. How he looked so pure when his eyes were wide open with wonder when he saw someone do a double axel from a spread eagle. How innocent he seemed at first, but how dirty minded he truly was.