Red Riding Hood Comes Up With a Plan: Chapter 17

I know, I know.......I should've posted this months ago.........family issues and a lot of homework for my final semester of high school. So as many of you have wanted this story is now updated and as promised the Dedication goes to CosmicMist for the wonderful Banner/Cover that is the current Cover. In the side bar is the previous cover by Angelic_girl so you can see what it looked like from here on out. Enjoy the new chapter my lovelies!!!

 After a couple more days of intense training, and two make up sessions with The Grand Master herself that made me realize just why everyone fears her, I started to get the hang of some things without actually doing any harm. I had learned of my weaknesses as a Huntress and now understood the Gold headband, a little surprised at the fact that Caleb had them so readily on hand if there hadn’t been any Huntress attacks in this area, but thankful he had them none the less. I learned about Lavender and Wolf’s Bane and that there was a third plant that only affected the Grand Huntress; Milk weed, the one plant that everyone underestimates could actually be more lethal then the other three combined, but being of the Dog bane family, it is also just as lethal to werewolf's and mainly the Alpha of the pack. When I asked why it was only the Grand Master who was affected by milkweed if all the ‘dogs’ are, she hit the side of my face and threw me out of her office. To say that I hightailed it out of there is an understatement. With how fast I was running, well forget the ten minute mile, I could’ve done a five minute mile.

The next morning I had a small breakfast as my teeth still hurt from being slapped the night before and I held a small bruise on the side of my cheek with a small cut in it from her ring. I walked to class as slowly as I could stand to do, my inner teacher’s pet spouting off every cuss word in the book at me for purposely being late, still needing to be called in at the end of the week to The Grand Master’s office. It was a morbid thought to have, but I needed the practice if I was going to be able to handle any amount of pain the Grand Master could throw my way to force me to open the Huntress box.

The girls came and sat down with me a short while later and we talked over small things, our true thoughts clearly displayed on our faces. We all wished that we could be where we could plan our escape some more. The bell rang and we had to get ready to go to our next class. The girl’s went ahead, trying to be there as quickly as they could while I stayed behind and went the long way, beginning the only part of the plan they knew they had set in stone. We would all talk later and finalize everything after tonight’s session when I had gotten a better look at the Grand Master’s office. I just had a feeling that there was more to that room then meets the eye. I finally made my way inside the classroom.

“Late again Vanessa?”

“Eh, I figured, why take the time to rush to class, when I already have to visit with the Grand Master to discuss how I am to take over? There just doesn’t seem to be a point, now does there? And if I am last in to every class, that is one less person that she has to deal with before she can work with me and therefore I have more time to learn what I need to from her.”

“What are you going on about Fence?”

“Oh just get on with your class lady.” I took my place in the line and glared her down. Once all the eyes had stopped staring at me for my brashness I let the guilt simmer in over how rude I was to a superior. I hated that people feared me all because I skipped out on that lesson, I hated keeping up a persona for the rest of the Huntresses, and I hated having to pretend that Caleb was dead. I never wanted to think of a world where he was gone, but the reality was staring me in the face. Everything had to go off without a hitch in the next couple of days or else everything that Caleb and I had would go out the window and he would be dead for real this time.

People paired off and I was left to myself on the side lines, but soon enough I was yanked from the wall and placed in front of a girl. “Today we are running drills. You will pin your opponent only and then start again. The first one to ten pins will win and no moves are illegal today.” I looked across from me to find Carmen glaring at me.