The Wolf Meets His Mate: Chapter 4

I was not expecting her to pass out. I just wanted a scream after that. It’s only fair since its Halloween. I do have to say though that I’m very glad we don’t lose our clothes when we change. That would have been very awkward to explain to Vanessa.

I sat there and watched her face. It was so calm and peaceful like she hadn’t just been surprised with the fact that werewolves exist and I’m one of them. I picked her up and took her over to the grass so she would be more comfortable. I felt her head and could feel a sizable bump growing on the back of her head. She’s going to hate me for that.

I can’t believe she is my mate though. I never would have guessed. I might have found out sooner I guess because a week after our no eye contact bet I shifted. Of course , right?When you shift you can find your mate, but you have to look in their eyes first. I sat by her side and watched her for a while and thought back on the day.

I came up behind Vanessa and heard her talking to her best friend Sam. I know she isn’t a drug addict but it’s fun to tease her since she thinks any werewolf does drugs because they have the extra muscle. She doesn’t know she’s a werewolf yet. Her brothers are one as well and she’s obviously very disappointed they do 'drugs' with us. She’ll learn soon.

“You look hot Ness. Don’t put yourself down.”

“Yeah yeah. I’m not hot though. I look ridiculous.” I saw my opportunity and took it. I pulled out my phone and quickly opened the camera setting as I spoke. “Yeah you do!” she turned around only to get her picture taken.

“Delete that McDonald!” she tried to grab it but I managed to keep it and get it in my pocket before she could.

“Never!” I told her. I then went into a bit about a date because of another bet we had made. It soon got to a ‘who’s classier' debate.

“Well seeing as I know how you lost the bet, I would say its classier than you.” She seemed mortified and I was more than pleased. Then she got angry. She asked who told, but since it was seen through the pack link I couldn’t tell her that. Arthur never meant to. The pack link can be really bad that way.

“I guess your boyfriend can’t be trusted.” I smirked at her and I could see her anger rising. She told me off again and all I did was brush it off with a crack at Sam's intolerance with drugs.

“Hey! I am not troubled! I don’t do drugs like you pricks and my brothers. I get in fights with people who say I do though!” Fun time.

“Whatever keeps the high going, addict.” She let out a wolf growl and then started chasing me. I guess her change should be happening within a week. Welcome to the druggies pack Sam, you’ll make one hell of a she-wolf. She might even become pack warrior.

I could tell through the pack link that Arthur had come to see Vanessa right after we left. I better keep an eye on the conversation.

Vanessa kept yelling at her and finally asked how it was an accident. I guess it’s time to intervene.

‘Do not tell her about us Arthur, Alpha’s orders!’ I yelled into his head.

‘Wouldn’t dream of it, Alpha.’

“I’m forbidden from telling you.” Vanessa didn’t like that answer so she asked who said he was forbidden.

‘Alpha’s order’s, Arthur. They can not be ignored!’ I yelled again.

‘I would never disobey you, Alpha.’

“I just can’t tell you. Can you please just accept that and move on.” She seemed to and they walked off together. I better focus on where I’m going though because I almost hit a wall. I ran inside the guys locker room, barring the door from opening by using my Alpha strength.