Prologue 1: The Gaia Manuscripts

It has been said that long ago, a century before our time, a great disaster befell the planet of Mobius. It began with the great earthquakes, violently shaking the very crust of the planet. Then, great cracks began to split the planet into eight continents floating on the mantle of molten rocks.

And then, out of the depths of the fiery core of the planet, rose a gigantic monster. It's skin was black as night, and it's claws purple as darkness. It's eyes were a glowing emerald green, and it had a serpent-like body that stretched down deep into the core. This beast, born from the very earth we tread, would be known from then on as Dark Gaia.

Suddenly, a brilliant light shot up from the Gaia Temples of the world. The mystical gems known as the Chaos Emeralds disappeared from their resting place in the Shrine of the Master Emerald on Angel Island, and reappeared in the center of the Gaia Temples.

Then, from the core of the earth, another being came forth, this one surrounded by an aura of angelic light. The Gaia Temples vanished from their places, and reappeared in the planet's core, joining together to form a giant stone golem known as the Gaia Colossus.

The benevolent light being that controlled the Colossus was then known as Light Gaia. Using the Colossus' strength, he grabbed the pieces of the broken planet and pulled them back into place, trapping Dark Gaia and his evil in the core, and returning the Temples of Gaia to their rightful places.

Dark and Light Gaia both went to sleep in the core of the planet once more, gathering their strength for when this day, the Time of Awakening, would return once again.