Prologue 2: Premature Awakening

~~~~Eggman's P.O.V~~~~

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik was pleased with himself. His plans were all in place. His armada of spaceships were orbiting the planet Mobius, and the Chaos Energy Cannon was in the ideal place. All he needed now was his archenemy and the Chaos Emeralds.

Dr. Eggman laughed in evil glee as he noticed a familiar-looking red biplane with a rocket booster attached to it fly toward his fleet. Suddenly, he noticed a familiar blue orb crash into his flagship's hull, leaving a burning hole.

~~~~Sonic's P.O.V~~~~

Sonic the Hedgehog got up from his crouched position after his rough landing on the deck of the Egg Fleet's flagship. His friends had just dropped him off and were making a tactical retreat to avoid what Sonic's plan was. Now, he and Eggman's army were alone for battle.

Eggman screamed "FIRE!" over the loudspeakers of the ship as cannons blasted him. Sonic, being the fastest thing on Mobius, easily dodged the blasts as he ran toward his next obstacle: the horde of Egg-Soldier battle robots that blocked his way into the ship's interior.

Sonic used his signature Homing Attack to smash the robots into scrap metal, then destroyed one of Eggman's Mega Egg-Hulkers as he raced onward.

Suddenly, a gargantuan Egg Proto bot, controlled by Eggman and his Egg-Mobile, blocked Sonic's path and fired many rounds of bullets at Sonic, who jumped over them and Spin-Dashed toward Eggman.

"Why you little..." Eggman said as Sonic dodged the bullets and rockets that he fired at him. Sonic was now home free as he ran towards the hallway that led to the ship's interior.

Suddenly, robotic fingers burst from one of the Egg Proto's gun hands. "You're not getting away!" Eggman yelled as the robotic hand launched itself at the blue blur, grabbing Sonic as he said, "Wuh-oh!"

Sonic struggled and squirmed, but could not break free from the Egg Proto's steel grip. He chuckled as he concentrated hard. Suddenly, the Chaos Emeralds appeared around him, much to Eggman's surprise and fear.

"What?!" he said with worry, as he tried to grab the Emeralds from Sonic, but it was too late. Sonic's green eyes turned ruby red and his blue fur changed into gold.

Super Sonic burst out of the robot's mechanical hands, destroying them for good, and blasted into the robot's center, causing it to malfunction. He then looped around, flying at twice his fastest speed.

"Uh-Oh, time to go!" Eggman stuttered as he disengaged the Egg-Mobile from the Egg Proto, flying away into the ship's interior with Super Sonic in pursuit.

Sonic blasted through the ship's interior, causing the whole fleet to explode. He dodged the massive blasts as he pursued Eggman towards the Chaos Energy Cannon.

~~~~Normal P.O.V~~~~

Eggman was ejected out of the Egg-Mobile and onto the floor of the Cannon's control room. Super Sonic burst into the chamber through the floor, causing Eggman to stare up in fear.

Eggman: "S-Sonic! Look, I'm sorry! I'll turn over a new leaf, I swear! Just give me a chance!"

Super Sonic: "Well, this is new. Showing remorse, Eggman? If you played nice, I wouldn't have to break all your toys!"

Eggman (while pressing a button and smiling evilly): "Gotcha!"

Suddenly, seven panels rose from the floor around Super Sonic, trapping him in an energy field as Eggman laughed evilly and activated a button.

The cannon's energy coils revealed themselves as electricity surged through Super Sonic's body, extracting the Chaos Emeralds and returning him to normal Sonic.

Eggman continued laughing as the cannon powered up. "Oh, I have waited a long time for this! FIRE!" Eggman shouted as he pressed the firing button.

Suddenly, a powerful beam of pure Chaos Energy fired from the energy coils and hit the surface of Mobius with a powerful quake. The planet's crust split apart into eight continents as a shadowy figure slowly rose from the core.

"Woah!" Eggman said in evil amazement. The energy of the dark creature found it's way into the electricity that zapped Sonic. As the entity tried to pull itself toward the surface, Sonic started to change...

Sonic's cobalt-blue fur changed to a dark bluish-gray, while also becoming long and wild. His arms bulged with muscles as his hands grew to twice their normal size, bursting through his gloves.

His body grew until he was as tall as Eggman. His fingernails elongated and sharpened into terrifying claws. Sonic's classic red-and-white shoes changed to red fabric and metal, with spikes on the stripes and soles.

Finally, Sonic's canines grew and grew into long, wolf-like fangs as he let out a monstrous roar. Eggman was still ecstatic with the creature from the core revealed.

Eggman (Inside a control pod): "Success! A brilliant success! It's just as the Gaia Manuscripts foretold! The entity that was sealed within the planet has awakened! Now I just need to harness it's power, and Eggmanland will finally come to be! NYAHAHAHA!" He laughed with pride at the thought.

Sonic the ???: "You've really...gone and done it this time, Eggman!"

Eggman: Aah, Sonic! That's a good look for you. FESTIVE! So long friend!"

Eggman's control pod slid a glass dome over him as the window overlooking Mobius slid open, causing the gray, drained Chaos Emeralds and Sonic to fly out toward the earth, creating a sonic boom as they hit the atmosphere.

Eggman was happy, but then something strange happened. The giant creature suddenly roared as it dissolved into purple smoke that spread out across the world.

Eggman was furious! 'How will I harness it's power now?!' He thought.