Chapters TWENTY-SIX

I landed quite a distance away from the Rabbit. My ears ringing, my chest caved in, the pain in my legs was numb. Something told me not too look.

"Great...job," Blood was pooling from his mouth as I dragged myself to him, his arm was gone. So was a leg. "You...did...the...impossible."

"We did it together." I corrected him grabbing hold of his hand with a grin. "Together."

"Take care of the girl for me. Could you...do that for me?" He clutched my hand tightly. He seemed to be shaking,

My grin widened. "Why of course Mr. Rabbit."

"Ah," He sighed contently. "I can hear my mother calling me Каир. She's saying my name. Каир."

His hold on my hand loosened and his gray eyes went blank.

Tears streamed from my eyes as I stayed on him, clutching at his body for only a second longer.

"Sorry, Mr. Rabbit." I sobbed into his chest. "We'll have to trust Cainen to take care of her. He'll do a good job, I know he will. He loves her enough to come all the way here to rescue her. He'll make sure she always smiles."

I bowed my head against his chest, then with the last bit of my energy, I dragged myself back. Back towards where I could see the beach where the Lycan army was fighting by throwing boulders at the ship.

Kier's gaze caught mines again. That wretched red turned what was left of my stomach

"For my mother, you piece of shit." I raised my hand the sand whirled like the hands of time. It pulled out from under the army and then up and over them.

With my last bit of life. I buried the Lycans whole.

Alexander (Crescent)

The Lycan prince boarded the ship soon after Kier seemed to disappear into the earth. Seeing my brother go was a long-held dream of mine and I can't say I didn't smile at him as he went.

Cain cradled in his arms two souls--neither of which was Seren.

"Another baby." Luka fell to his knees against the blonde. She was looking worse for wear eyes glossy with the type of tiredness only birth can give you. Her flimsy dress scarecly covered her and scars upon scars all trailed her skin.

But she seemed torn as she stared down at her child. The thing blinked at her, it didn't cry, didn't make a sound. In fact, it was eerily silent. Its jewel blue eyes were too focused for a child that had just been born.

Monster.

I barely managed to stop myself from pulling out my sword and ending it right there. This thing should not exist, I could feel it in my soul.

"Where's Cheshire," Luka asked hurriedly. The blonde girl rolled her head into Cain's chest.The lycan prince bowed his head in remorse.

"She fought the White Rabbit."

"A battle to the death," Alice spoke finally. She looked up at me tears in her crystal eyes. "Please, we can't leave her here. She hates the dark."

My heart thundered in my ears and I was surprised to find myself swallowing back bile. "I'll bring her home."We found her half-buried in the sand. Her green eyes focused on something distant. She wasn't breathing.