34: HER WORDS

Merida

After going after Dun'broch and Corona, now they're at Berk. Will they ever stop this war they're making? Hundreds and thousands of people are affected in each kingdom. Surely, no. They won't. It's Pitch Black we are talking about, oh and Gothel.

The wind caresses me as I rode with Toothless and Hiccup. We just left Corona after getting some supplies from the Queen's order. Some weapons and food stock that will keep us alive for days of travelling.

We also heard that armies from Dun'broch and Corona will travel to Berk to form their alliances, maybe; hopefully it will turn out great.

Rapunzel is sleeping peacefully in Jack's arm, thinking she's going to leave her kingdom again. Jack just stared in front, focusing onto where ever we will go.

"They're going to each of the kingdoms. And we'll end up following them, leaving us baits." I tried to talk to keep myself awake, preventing my eyes to doze off. I can feel my grip started to loosen unto Hiccup's waist.

"It's not just that one, Mer." The vibrations from his back signalled me that he's paying attention to what I just said as I laid my head on it.

"What do ya mean?"

"They pay a visit to each kingdom to earn what they needed. Once they spread chaos, everyone will feel terrified and scared. That's what they're after to, fear, which makes them stronger."

I do not have the urge and strength to answer back. I'd let everything sink in and just nodded myself slowly. I think he felt my gesture and just gave out a deep sigh.

"Hiccup's right, Curly." I looked at Jack who is currently carrying Rapunzel with her hair flowing with the wind. "After they'll do everything they want, they will be confronting us. So, expect they will be getting stronger and stronger anytime soon."

"A tough work, eh, Frosty?"

"Just getting used to it."

He smiled, revealing his white teeth and checked up on Rapunzel, staring at her for a couple of seconds and gazing in front after.

I breathed deeply and a smile creeps in my lips. Only if Rapunzel could see everything Jack is doing for her. I'll be jumping out with joy.

****

I woke up with a faint sound of laughter near me. My back began to ache as the coldness from the ground struck inside me. I blink my eyes for a couple of times and found myself lying with a blanket wrapped around.

"Shh! She'll hear you!"

I got up and went outside; just realizing I am sleeping inside a cave. The bonfire that welcomed me made me warm just by looking at it.

"Good riddance, Princess! Congratulations, you just woken up." Jack teasingly joked. I just stared at him and passed through, joining with Hiccup beside him.

"I'd never thought a Princess like you would snore like that when sleeping." He said once again that made me look at him longer than ever.

"Oh, Jack! You wee lass!"

"Calm down, Curly! Hiccup is the one who's watching you sleep, not me."

I got a hold of myself and just gave them a stare. Wait—What?

"W-What, me? I—uh, just checking out if you're blanket is in place. That's all. It's cold you know, you're shivering." Hiccup answered and avoided my gaze. I did not even realize I've been out of my thoughts suddenly.