Prologue

Vax had a dilemma.

No one among his mercenary operatives were responding in anyway back to him.

OC-49 had never done something like that to him before and now didn't seem like the time that they would start.

He knew something had gone wrong with the mission, but what he had no way of knowing.

Suddenly, his comm unit began chiming and he scrambled to answer it.
"Hello? Captain, is that you?"
"Greetings," came the smooth reply, much to Vax's surprise.

The caller was definitely not Captain Tye.

"Who are you?" asked Vax.
"I am the man who can answer your questions about your missing mercenary company," was the reply. "Or should I say, the Clone Company formally known as Orange Company 49?"

Vax froze for a moment. The voice sounded identical to Jax, but Jax had not contacted him by voice calling in over 15 years. His last civil contact had come about a year ago, but that had been a written message concerning his operatives presently lost on the field. He wasn't even sure if the actual last time on Dazania counted. All it had been was a massive fight between the pair of them.

So, who was this mysterious caller?

"Go to Zygerria," ordered the voice. "The answers you seek are there."

Before Vax could even utter a sound, the communication was cut off by the mystery caller, leaving Vax in an even more confused state than he already had been with the unanswered comm calls...

Far, far away from where Vax had received the strange call, Raptor had just cut communications with the confused man and sighed.
Switching from one person to another was second nature to him, but it still didn't feel right in his heart.

All around him, things seemed to return to normal, although to him it felt sped up.

As if time was moving faster...