Chapter 8 Vax's Contact.

"Shit!" yelled Vax, as he realised his mistake. All around him alarms began to blare and everyone scrambled to their stations.

With ease and minimal effort on his behalf, Vax had made it out of the Zygerrian slave pen 13 and onto the crowded back streets and alleys of Zygerria's capital city.

"Damn it Tye," he hissed as he stormed into his rented apartment for the time being. "What were you thinking? I could have-"
"You couldn't have done anything," said a feminine voice from behind him.

Vax whirled around and came face to face with the female who had addressed him.
"Who the hell are you?"

"Don't you recognise me?" asked the woman, removing her hood to reveal the distinct multicoloured spiky hair of a certain Jedi Padawan underneath.

The switch in Vax was immediate, from wary to blatant murder intents as he move to draw his blaster but was stopped short by the burning sting of something having pierced him through the one place Jax had informed him would kill him immediately.

Vax stared in horror at the gaping hole in him as he mouthed at the woman,
"Wha... How'd you..."

"Save it," she whispered sweetly as she stepped forward a few paces and deactivated the holo-guise surrounding her with a tap of the device behind her ear as she looked down at the slowly becoming lifeless and broken body of Vax Axebriy as he sank to the floor.
"You never knew me anyway. You were always far too busy chasing after a single thief in the shadows, you failed to notice the other thieves in the shadows gathering as well."

Far, far away on Dazania, Jax Briaxe suddenly bent forward onto his workbench he stood beside and clutched his chest as he gasped from a sudden pain.

"Star!" whispered Jax, fearing the worst for his little sister. Reaching out on the bonds he had with his sibling, he found nothing and knew she was still alive.

Perplexed by that, Jax began extending the reach on the bonds to his adopted sons, Jedi students/eldest children and finally to his clone Vax.

That was where he realised that the sudden pain he'd felt was the passing of his clones copy. There was no response of any kind from the breaking bond that had existed between them.

Jax hung his head in sadness and mourned the loss of Vax Axebriy in silence as he rubbed the sore spot on his chest.

"Goodbye my friend. I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help to you. Good luck in this next coming life."