24. I Thought You Said You Didn't Like Him?

I walk back but have to go to class before I reach. I purposely steer clear of all of them so I can push the impending interrogation as far back as I can.

I'm about to make my escape and run towards my car when a snooty voice interrupts me.

"I thought you said you didn't like him?" Lavender asks and I can literally imagine the smug smirk on her face.

"Who said I did?" I ask, turning around to face him.

"So you didn't kiss him?" She questions.

"Nope, I did," I reply.

"But then you like him," she says.

"Not necessarily, I just kissed him to make a point," I reply smartly.

"Well then, glad that was cleared up," his voice says behind me.

I wince before turning around and saying, "Hey Jonah!"

"See ya," he mutters before walking away.

I let out a groan of frustration and I hear Lavender chuckle behind me.

"Go away!" I groan, walking away.

"No! You decided to mess with me and I will make you regret it!" She shouts after me.

"Well then it's a good thing I have something that can make you regret messing with me," I mutter to myself as I jog to my car.

I speed off in my car, seeing the rest of them staring in as my car drives off. I drive home quickly and run in the house, wanting to get to my room as soon as I can. I know Jonah pulled into his driveway a little before me so if I rush I can get there in time. My heart sinks to the floor when I see his balcony door shut. Deciding to throw caution to the wind, I leap over to his side of the balcony and start pounding at the door.

"Jonah! Let me in!" I shout, my fist repeatedly smacking the door.

I hear music playing, probably to drown me out. I keep punching the door, not with the intent of breaking it down.

My fist starts to hurt and I can feel the heat spreading from my knuckles to my fingers to my palm until it encases my whole fist. I smack my hand into it one more time before the pain explodes, bringing a tear to my eye.

I sink down to the side of the balcony and say, "I'm not going."

I cradle my fist in my other hand, trying to massage it a little in a futile attempt to take away the pain. I let another tear slip out of my eye but steel myself so I don't make much noise. I decide to go to my room and change before coming back. I put my foot up and rest some weight on my hand, an action that causes me to whimper in pain. It's a crimson red now, I shouldn't do anything.

I return to my old position and work on tuning out my pain.

I watch the sun set.

I watch the sky darken.

I watch the stars rise.

I watch the sky turn into a beautiful indigo color.

I watch the neighbor's lights go off.

I watch Lucas stare at me questioningly from my room.

I watch my mom usher him away, shooting me an understanding look before walking out.

But I never watch his balcony door open.

Also guys, I've decided on making a sequel to this rather than giving them just a happy ending at the end of this story ❤️ for some reason I've already started writing it even though this one isn't done 🤔

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment! Ask questions for the Q&A!!

Also, thanks for all the love for this story! I didn't think it would be this popular when I started writing it... if I did I would've probably planned it out A LOT more and it would be better but oh whale 🐳