Chapter Seven- Community Whitehorse

I could feel myself coming back to reality, slowly, but surely I was coming too.  I could hear noises, not familiar ones, but I could still here movement.

I tried to open my eyes, but I could not find enough energy, and then I could feel a cold-ness against my bare-skin.

“The boy, he is with Laney,” a strange; women said.

“Yes, she is trying to get more information from him,” the man replied, and I could recognize the voice from earlier, but I still could not open my eyes, and see anything.

Using all my strength; I suddenly opened; my eyes fully, to see the man staring directly into my eyes.

“Pretty little thing isn’t she,” the women said.

The man looked directly into my eyes, and I looked into his, and then reality set in much too quickly, and I was in pain.

“Ouch…,” I groaned, and feeling my leg, I could feel something was wrapped around it, and there was a cold cloth pressing against my forehead.

“Try to stay still,” the man directed.

“Where is Michael?” I begged.

“He being questioned right now,” the man replied.

“Who are you people?” I groaned.

“My name is Nathanial, and this women aiding in your recovery is Marge,” he replied.

“Aiding in what recovery?”

“Your recovery miss,” he smiled.

“What is wrong with me?”

“You have been shot,” Nathanial replied.

“What is shot?”

“You have been wounded?”

“What is wounded?”

Nathanial looked at me with a confused stare…

“Well put it this way, your leg is hurt.”

“Why?”

“Because I shot you,” Nathanial said sadly.

“Well why did you need to shoot me?” I sobbed.

“I was simply defending myself,” he replied.

“Defending yourself against what?”

“You miss,” he replied hesitantly.

“What do you mean you were defending yourself against me?  I would never hurt anyone.  It just seems like all the people I meet, want to hurt me,” I started to cry.

“Please miss calm down,” he whispered, and sat down directly beside me.

“Get away from me,” I demanded.

Nathanial got up immediately when asked, and then stared at me again.

“What is your name?”

“I am not telling you anything until I see Michael,” I shouted.

“Please, keep your voice down.”

“No, I want Michael.  What do you want with the two of us?  We did nothing to you,” I cried.

“You were tress-passing in our community.”

“We did not even come close to your community.  The two of us were hungry, and we were not going to hurt anyone.  Instead you hurt me, and I hate you,” I screamed.