Chapter Eleven- Alasked Color

            I woke up for the first time with Nathanial’s arms wrapped tightly around my tiny body, while I try and lay still in the darkness of the leaf’s covering the thick branch we both slept on for the day. 

            I found it rather amusing that all though Nathanial walked faster than I did, he sure took longer to sleep.  Smiling, I slowly nudged him a little, and he started to groan, and in his sleep he muttered, “Amanda, I love you,” and my heart almost jumped out of my dirty shirt that I had been wearing for the last couple of days since we searched the Vampire Hectors cottage, and found some clothes from Men and Women he murdered.

            Suddenly Nathanial awoke, and looked directly at me, and then planted a gentle kiss against my lips dried.

            Propping his entire body up, mine fell against the wood of the branch.

            “We really should consider sleeping on the ground you know,” Nathanial smiled.

            “Well maybe we can one day when the Shadow Master no longer exists, and then I might feel comfortable doing so.”

            “I see,” he muttered.

            “What did you dream about Nathanial?” I asked.

            “Nothing,” he replied almost shocked I was asking him I was sure.

            “Oh.”

            “Was I supposed to be dreaming about something in particular?” He asked curiously.

            “No… I was just wondering what you were dreaming about, because you were talking in your sleep again.  That’s all,” I smiled.

            “Do I talk often in my sleep?” Nathanial asked.

            “Do you want me to be honest?”

            “That would be nice,” he smiled.

            “Well you talk in your sleep mostly before you are going to wake up,” I replied.

            “What do I say?”

            “Well this morning you said something, and it was very clear what was said.”

            “Well then… go on, out with it,” Nathanial demanded.

            “You said you loved me,” I replied.

            My cheeks started to feel hot, and I wondered what was coming over me, as I stared at Nathanial who surely was not surprised by what he said in his sleep.

            “It was just a dream Amanda,” Nathanial groaned.

            “So you do not love me?” I asked.

            “Do you even know what love is?”

            “Yes, I am sure I loved my Father, Mother, and Sister.”

            “That is a different type of love than the one you feel for someone that you are going to spend the rest of your life with.”

            “I do not agree with you Nathanial, because if it was not for the fact my family was consumed by the darkness, I would have loved them for the rest of my life as well.”