-4- Fun and Games

After a few rides and a couple more games you three run back into Kasey and John, just as the sun finishes setting.

"How were they?" John asks, holding a smiling Kasey that looks like she's about to explode with joy.

"They were fantastic!" you explain.

"That's great!" John says.

The little ones run over and latch onto their parents.

"Alright let's get going. Its already dark," their father states, fluffing Alisa's hair.

She squeals in response, then bolts behind you, peeking out from behind your leg.

Her brother catches on and erupts in laughter, following his sisters moves.

Kasey snaps out of her starry-eyed-lala-land by blinking a few times and responds with, "Your father is right. Come on, we can all watch something together, then sleep in the living room tonight," she says holding out her free hand.

"Sounds like fun! Let's say, first one over here gets to pick what we watch!" John entices, holding out his free hand as well.

"Go, go!" you encourage, pushing the two forward.

Alex takes off to his mom, sprinting as fast as his little legs could carry him.

Alisa then begins to make her way to her dad.

The two grasp their hands at the same time, and in unison they both look up with huge cheesy smiles.

"Guess Mom and Dad will have to decide," you say, laughing a little.

"Hmm what should it be? The news?" John ask in a playful tone.

The kids overflow with whining, which brings an uproar of laughter from the adults.

The four head along their way, still chatting about what to watch.

Kasey wiggles free, then whispers onto your ear, "I have so much to tell you!" she squeals, jumps with a giggle, and scurries back to her family.

'Silly girl, just like a kid,' you think, then glance up to the sky and let out a happy sigh. You survey the carnival once more.

"Still pretty crowded," you say, noting the wandering humans. "Gonna go home, then come back when its less crowed, and by extent, darker!" you decide, whipping around, and heading home.

You get home and shut the door. "Imma look cute! I don't do it a lot; and a spooky night deserves a spooky, cute, outfit!" you declare, prancing off to your room.

You get to the door when your phone rings.

"Hello?" you answer, walking into your room.

"Hey!" an excited voice calls.

"Oh hey, Kasey. I'm gonna put you on speaker while I change," you say hitting a button; setting your phone down then rummaging through your clothes.

"That's alright hon, I just want to squeal!" she blurts out.

"Shoot for it man."

"Okay so, you know how you watched the kids for me and John, so we could do cute things?"

"Yes Kasey, I'm the one who offered," you laugh.

"Well, yeah alright, but anyway; when we left, we got some food and walked by the water. Oh, oh, and oh! When we finished that we went on the ferris wheel to watch the sun set and, and! I know its cheesy and cliche but, the wheel stopped us at the top to let people off right before the sun went down and.... he kissed me!" she squeals, as if falling for him all over again, and what sounds to be a little bit of jumping.