Safe Space

Yoongi decided not to go into starbucks today. Regarding yesterday's happenings, he came to the conclusion that he'd prefer to stay at home.

For once, he was happily staying in what he called his bed, but in reality it was more like a mattress surrounded by pillows and blankets.

Yoongi loved his room the way it was, it meant that he could see out of the window properly, and could admire his plants that lived happily on his window sill while he worked

Yoongi loved his room the way it was, it meant that he could see out of the window properly, and could admire his plants that lived happily on his window sill while he worked. It was his safe space.

As he sipped his home brewed coffee, he began to rewrite the page that had been ruined with ink the day before. Luckily it wasn't hard for Yoongi to remember what he had written since his memory was quite good, but it was tiring writing the same things again.

Yoongi took a glance out of the right hand side window, and someone caught his eye. Jimin. This was his chance, and he wasn't going to miss it. He leapt up, leaving his work on the duvet, and sprinted over to his tall, oak wardrobe. He rummaged around and pulled on a plain white T-shirt, some grey skinny jeans with rips at the knees and a black jacket. He ran into the hallway and stuffed his feet into his canvas shoes, they were already laced up and ready to go. He took no time at all racing down the stairs, and there he saw Jimin standing in the lobby.

"Yoongi?" Jimin smiled softly, "What're you doing here?"

"I-I live here," he attempted to catch his breath as he held his chest and panted heavily from running. He took a mental note to not run too fast next time.

"Really?! I had no idea!! I live here too!" Jimin giggled. His laugh seemed to be contagious, because Yoongi couldn't help but chuckle with him slightly even though his chest was writhing with pain from the cold draft that slipped through the cracks under the door.

"I just wanted to ask.. Would you like to go out for a drink later? As friends.. Of course.." Yoongi muttered the last bit, almost wishing he hadn't said it.

"I'd love to! Can I have your number so I can text you when I'm ready?" Yoongi nodded at Jimin and wrote it on Jimin's hand. And with that they parted, going up the opposite stairwells back to their apartments.