3

As I walked into class the next week after ignoring his pleas to meet Dr. Topalli in his office, Harry was teaching and it would be that way for the next two weeks. Apparently, Dr. Topalli had been on assignment from his full-time job with the FBI. Harry didn't elaborate on what assignment Dr. Topalli was working on but I assumed it was pretty serious and time consuming if he couldn't make it to an hour and fifteen minute lecture twice a week.

"Last class we talked about what aggression is

"Last class we talked about what aggression is. Who can summarize what we learned?" Harry started off class as he paced the front of the room.

Seeing him so professional and authoritative was strange. We didn't have a normal teacher-student relationship. I  don't think we would ever get along. Every time I looked at him I was reminded of how broken I was.

A girl near me raised her hand and smiled as he pointed to her, "Aggression is a behavior directed towards another individual or group carried out with the immediate intent to cause harm to that individual or group."

"Good," Harry smiled and I watched like every other female in this room as his dimples dented his cheeks. The girl who answered started glowing and I rolled my eyes with how obnoxious her behavior was toward him. She was lusting and drooling over him.

He continued asking the four main types of aggression: hostile, instrumental, active, and passive. I soon became bored as we went over them in detail. I zoned out staring down at my pencil and paper as talks of the Bobo Doll experiment went on around me. Theories and statistics started flowing around the room and I yawned as Harry called my name.

"Emilia," he said in his swift accent, letting it roll off his tongue so easily.

"What?" I flushed a shade of red when I realized he had asked me a question in front of the other 200+ students in the room. "I'm sorry. Can you repeat the question?"

I fidgeted in my seat and watched as he walked closer to me. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest and I stared into his clear-as-day green eyes hoping I would know the answer.

"What's it good for? Aggression..." he shrugged his shoulders and placed one finger on the table in front of me, tapping the pad of it twice.

I swallowed and cleared my throat to speak up. "Well, aggression isn't just a human thing. All animals show aggression. But we are the only ones who show aggression just because we can or just because some individuals enjoy it. Animals are known to show aggression as a way of protection, like prey against predator, or fighting for their babies. But also there is an aggressive behavior towards mating."

His eyes narrowed as I paused unsure of how to phrase my next thought.

"Um..." I broke eye contact and put my hands in my lap. "Like for instance, fish..."

"Are you comparing fish and humans, Ms. Dowry?" he smiled and the entire class vibrated with a soft chuckle.

"Maybe some humans," I flexed my jaw at him and sat back in my chair. He raised his brows and decided to keep his remarks to himself.