Chapter Four

Early the next morning the meeting was about to begin. The Gatherers all made their ways in the meeting room and all took a seat. Slowly behind them, Emily made her way to the table. Mother Nature pulled up a chair for her to sit in. Everyone asked how she was doing and then got on with what needed to be done. Mother Nature cleared her throat to speak but Snow Miser beat her to it.

"Last night was a clear reason to believe that she is back!," Snow Miser stated firmly.

Nobody argued with him. They just looked around at each other. No one in the room wanted to believe him, but it seemed to be the only reason.

"We need an army. We need warriors to fight. We should combine kingdoms," Snow Miser stated.

"Rhiannon wiped out an entire race. What makes you believe that having an army will do it," Mother Nature replied, "Last time we fought her, we barely made it out alive ourselves."

Snow Miser got up and paced to room, "We need warriors with elements. Lightning, rain, wind, anything that could be used as a weapon."

"I volunteer myself," Emily said standing up.

"You will do no such thing! Sit down at once," Mother Nature snarled.

"No," Emily said stepping away from her, "I am old enough to think for myself. If my kingdom, my family, is in danger I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. I love my family way to much to just sit and hide."

Mother Nature stared up at Emily and then towards the table. Heat Miser gave he a smirk while Snow Miser somewhat scolded her. Sandman looked at her like a proud father. Emily watched her mother for a few minutes waiting for her to argue back. When she didn't, she sat down and waited for someone to talk.

"We need to start an army," Snow Miser said after a few minutes of silence.

Mother Nature looked up and cleared her throat, "Yes we do. We could take a soldiers for each kingdom. We'll take soldiers from kingdoms that have extreme talent. The better soldiers, the more of a chance we have at killing Rhiannon."

They all stood up at the same time, bowed, and then proceeded towards the door. Mother Nature was the last to walked out of the room. She hesitated before following her daughter out the door. She watched as Emily proceeded down the hallway with the Gatherers. Tears filled her eyes as she continued to following behind.

Sandman, Heat Miser, and Snow Miser left shortly after the meeting was over. Once their guests had left, Mother Nature left to her room and shut the door behind her. Jamie and Abigail watched as their mother shut herself out from the rest of the world. They looked at each other with sad eyes before running into the living room.

"Emily, way has mother gone to bed," asked Jamie with sad eyes.

Emily sighed before answering, "She's not to happy with the choices that I'm choosing."

"Why are you choosing the right choices? What are you doing?" questioned Jamie.

Emily hesitated before answering, "It's because I have chosen to go off to war when the time comes."

"War?! Why would you do that," Jamie yelled.

"Emily, that's crazy talk. Think with your head," Grace snapped.

"I am," Emily snarled back at Grace.

"No your not," Grace yelled, "What if Mom dies Emily! You are next in line for the throne! What if you both die? I'm old enough for the throne. It would go to someone who thinks they could do what Mom and you do. Everything would fall apart."

Grace broke down into tears. Emily looked over at Jamie and Abigail and saw them doing the same. Tears filled her eyes and she ran for the door. She took off for the arena. Once she made it in, she broke down in the middle of the room. Her sobs rang throughout the building. After a few minutes, she finally looked up at the window ceiling. It was starting to rain.

A rattling noise came from the other side of the arena. Emily twisted around to see but it was too dark to get a clear picture. Then a figure appeared. Emily jumped up on her feet and stared at the figure. Her hand starting to glow a low, bright orange color.

"You, stop! What are you doing here!," Emily yelled from across the building.

The figure looked over at her and then continued doing what he was doing. Emily yelled for him again and still no response. She finally had enough of the situation and threatened to set them on fire.

"Please. You can't set people on fire," a husky, somewhat deep voice echoed across the room.

"You don't believe me?" Emily snarled.

The man finally looked over and walked out of the shadows. He had dirty, blond hair that stood up and greenish/golden eyes. He was about 6' 2" and wore a brown, worn leather jacket. Stubble covered the bottom of his face.

"No, I just don't believe you have powers in general," he snickered.

Emily walked closer to him, "Do you have any idea who I am? Do you even know where you are?"

"I have no idea who you are and I also have no idea where I am because I came in hiding from the rain. Don't want to get wet and catch a cold now do we?" he smirked before turning around.

"Don't turn your back on me!" Emily yelled.

"I'm so scared. What are you going to do throw a "fireball" at me?" he mocked as he continued walking.

Emily glared at him. Her eyes glowed a bright amber as she built with rage. She lifted up her hand and a spark appeared in her hand. It started swirling and twisting till in was a raging fireball. Emily threw the fireball as hard and as fast as she could right past his head and hitting the wall in front of him. The man stopped dead in his tracks. Slowly he turned around and looked at Emily palm that was still simmering from the fireball.

"I said to not turn your back on me," Emily snickered.

The man smiled as he walked back towards Emily. He stopped about 20 feet away from her. He looked at her palm and then up at her eyes.

"You surprised me," he said looking at the ground smiling, "Not many people can master fire. It's a bit dangerous for a little girl like you."

Emily's hand started glowing a bright orange again, "I like to live a bit on the danger side."

The man started laughing, "That's funny because so do I."

As he finished that, the sky above grew a dark, dark grey. Emily looked up and saw the trees and leaves blowing around like crazy. She ran over to the door and opened it. A horrible storm was coming in. As soon as Emily closed the door, a lightning bolt struck the arena. The lights flickered as electricity flowed through them.

Emily looked up at the lights with confusion when she noticed the electricity flowing through the lights towards the man. He stuck up his hand and the lightning bolt that hit the building, struck his hand. A bright, blue flashed lit up the room so much that Emily had to look away. When she looked back up, her eyes grew wide with fear.

The man was hold a wipe made out of the lightning bolt that traveled through the lights. Emily was about to reach for the door handle but it was surging with electricity. All of a sudden, the man whipped the lightning bolt at Emily. It wrapped her up and yanked her towards him. The pull was too strong for Emily to try and stop the movement.

He caught her in a hug when she finally reached him. Emily had a fire ring around her and the wipe so she wouldn't get electrocuted. The guy smiled at her before planting a kiss on her cheek. He winced when his lips burned when they touched her skin. He pressed his lips together in pain and then smiled. Emily was smiling at his pain.

"We should do this again sometime," he said before releasing the wipe around her and letting her fall to the ground.

Emily hit the ground with a thud and then proceeded to look up at the man. By the time she looked up, he was already long gone. She let out a huge sigh and laid down on her back. Emily looked up at the sky and noticed that all the clouds were gone and the sky was a beautiful blue. After a few minutes, she got up and walked outside. She felt this tingling feeling on her side. Emily looked over to find a burn in her shirt. She lifted up her shirt to find a burn mark on the right side of her stomach.

"Asshole," she mumbled as she walked back into the castle.