All I'm Worth

I was answering something when you approached me suddenly. I wasn't surprised. You always did that anyways. You made me stand up and I did, thinking of what childish antics had crossed your mind again. You were silent for a few seconds. And then you told me something that made me stop my thoughts.

"You're nothing to me," you sounded so serious unlike the few times when we would bicker around. When we jokingly insulted each other. But now, you were just telling me something true. Something I can't deny. Something I can't forget.

You must have noticed that I paused, not saying anything. You looked at me again, this time with a teasing smiled adorning your face.

"You're just my bestfriend, my classmate. And I guess? My friend?" You finished with that famous shrug of yours. I stood there, frozen. The first statement hurt enough. And you just had to rub it in more. That I'm just a friend, or maybe even nothing.

I'm someone who always care about what other people might think of me, though I usually put it aside. That doesn't mean I forget the pain. And with what you said, I thought of all the things I did for you.

That time when you were sick and I accompanied you to the clinic. That time when I was actually saving money and I still bought you a descent gift. That time when I help you carry things around. That time you asked me to look after 'her' and I did, thinking what fool I am to do it.

I'm worth nothing to you. Thank you for telling me. It hurt, yes. But at least I'll know now how to distance myself from you. It hurt being with you, and you never even wanted me there in the first place.

We spent time with each other today. I don't know if you're putting up an act that you care but seriously, I'm done with you and your silly acts. Stop making me think as if I'm important to you. Stop acting as if you care. And please, stop making me think that I mean something to you. Because I know, that I'm nothing. And that's all I'm worth for you.