Grasp

I was lost.
Even when I found you, I still find myself wandering in pitch black darkness. No one was there to rescue me, I know.

But at least you gave me hope.

The way you give your passion to everything you want, amidst the circimstances.
You fought hard, and now you found heaven. A heaven, not perfectly pure. Flawfilled, but you were there, and maybe it's worth it.

My whole being is being crushed to the ground. Monsters my mind rendered useless are now hunting me. Fruits withering, trees giving up. An angel fighting temptation but slowly giving in. But then maybe hell was worth it. Because the apple is there resting, emitting a glimpse of paradise.

You're the angel I didn't want to cross. But now I'm here, running after a celestial being, hope still lingering.
You and I were never meant to be. Like frost melting within the flame. There's beauty, but it can never be.

You're like the air around me. You make me breath, you make me live.
But sometimes my heart clenches, somehow lacking oxygen. You gave me life and hope. But just like night comes after the day, death awaits me, resting on your god-like face.

I was always sure of you, such a crazy thought that is. You're the stars in my world, always calling me to watch in awe. To try to grasp you is like throwing myself in a pitcher of cold water. I could never fit, it could never happen.

There is still a world where I fight against all odds. Like a bird, flapping its wings to freedom, I get to you somehow.
But just as the happiness seeps through my being, I was pulled back by monsters I was always trying to escape.

But the monster was there, rearing it's head at me, daring me to find heaven.

The monsters were my reality, but I closed my eyes and searched for orbs that glistened among the stars of the night sky. And I stretched out my arms to grasp it, defying the monsters that screamed hell.

Away from heaven, away from happiness. Away from life.

Grasping, I hold on. But heaven slipped, and the monsters once again won.

~~~
I'm feeling so poetic rn.