Prologue

Kaiden

In two weeks, its going to be full moon, was my only thought as I looked up to a sky full of bright stars. In a fortnight the fate of 'my people' will be decided. I'm Kaiden Asher Hunter, the Alpha of the Majestic Lunar Pack, also called the Lethal Hunter Pack. I have been the Alpha for almost 200 years now.

"Sir, we have arrived.",my driver informs me as we reach the hotel . I'm also a multi-billionaire now, the CEO of the Hunter Enterprises and other companies including the chain of hotels named We-Kaier. I live in the penthouse of my hotel situated in Manhattan of which the last second floor is also my secondary office. As I get into the hotel, the receptionist and the bellboys greet me. The elevator boy quickly opens the door to the secondary elevator only meant for me and my close friends.

I met Wasim Khan, 2 years ago when he was being bullied by loan sharks. He smiles at me and asked, "The top floor sir?", to which I nodded and said "Thank you, Wasim." As i reached my penthouse, my beta, Devin Clay, was already waiting for me. Dev, is also my right hand and most trusted and loyal friend.

"Ash, you'll be 228 in a week. We need to have a grand party. You know, each one of us will be coming. I have already started preparing for it." he said ecstatically.

"Hell, I almost forgot about it. Yeah, it'll be good to meet everyone once, afterall it may be the last time."

Dev, is my first, he can feel my emotions. He hugs me and says,

"Alpha, we'll find her. Not for the pack but for you. It's bout time she appeared. I can feel it, you'll meet the Luna soon."

Anastasia

Oh! M late again. Mr. Frey, will eat me alive today. I'm sure my dead body will be found tied to a boulder under water. Maybe I could request him to give me a less painful death. God, Why did Carl had to make a mess today? It was an important meeting which is going to be started in ten minutes.

As I reach my office, to Blake holdings, were I work as a personal secretary to Mr. Jarred Frey, the section head of the Managing department. I reach my desk on the fifth floor, put down my purse and wear my heels, remove the invisible creases on my skirt, check the button of my sky blue blouse, check all the files and head for the conference room just to reach two minutes before everyone arrives. Mr. Frey, gives me that look. My! He knows I m late probably because I didn't check with him before entering the conference room.

One hour later.

"Anastasia, if you weren't good at your job, your ass would be fired as of now. But, this is your last chance. Trust me, you're replaceable."

These were the only lines I heard after the four days hard work for this meeting. Well, on the good side, I don't have search for a new job, for now. I'm Anastasia Eisele Ray, 25 years old, living in the Central Harlem part of Manhattan, also known as one of the poorest part. I live in 2 room apartment with my younger brother Carter Grace Ray who's 17 years old, in his high school and sister Camryn Carl Ray, almost 11 years old in her middle school.

Grace and Carl are my world. I love to call them by their middle names and it confuses the shit out of people but who cares. Somedays, nearly at the end of month, we survive on instant noodles. Though I work, in an great company, the school requirements of my siblings flush out all my savings of the month. As I head down to the cafeteria for some caffeine, I just wish, that once, just for once, let magic happen.

Please comment and vote.

Edit 1: I have always wanted to write some story or novel of my own on Wattpad. I came to love this amazing site 3 years ago. Thank you anyone and everyone who even reached the end of my first chapter. Thank you for your patience and thank you for reading. It means a lottt....

All suggestions and corrections are welcomed. Please do tell me what you thought of my very first and a little immature writing.