Her Guardian

Nobody ever told me that men could also get tingles all over their body. Her voice flowed like electricity sizzling through my body. My wolf went quiet like it finally found his drug. When she called my name, I swear the feeling was so surreal that I felt it was all a dream. I wanted to touch her, feel her but Amara shook her head. She was a human, and she couldn't understand anything yet. It physically hurt to be not able to touch her at that very moment. It was also the first time I involuntarily closed my mind connection to all of my closest pack members, like I couldn't share this feeling with anyone. 

Little did I know that I shouldn't have. If I had a active connection I would have known about the little brawl outside. It wouldn't startle me to see two of my best thrown by a mere vampire but what surprised me the most was him calling my mate, "Princess".

Vampires and Were-wolfs have lived in a peace since my father was the Alpha. There have been problems and there will always be, between the two predators, both eager to swipe the existence of another from the face of Earth. But as the world progressed, both sides came to an agreement., that we won't harm each other without reasons. There is a list of do's and don'ts to follow but the bottom line is we have decided not to kill. Since then, I have crossed paths with many of these vampires. Some even work for me. But never has one infuriated me as much as this one.

I already smelled him a little while ago while he was standing outside the hotel but since, he was around a century old but to human eyes quite young. I have never met him before, he was a stranger, thus I ignored his presence. Another thing I shouldn't have.

Three things happened after that. First, I comprehended the fact that my mate and this vampire had know each other for the smile she gave him made jealousy surge through me. Second, she was truly the Luna because as soon as she commanded the two of my pack guards to stop, they stopped mid-air. Till now, only I had this effect on them. When I commanded anyone to anything, they couldn't disobey me even if they wanted to. Thirdly, my mate got mini-panic attacks. The third one scared the shit out of me.

As soon as she lost consciousness both the vampire and me were besides her, each on either side. We were glaring at each other. Every one in the room was staring at us. There were humans too. We couldn't make a scene now.

"You weren't invited and you'll never be invited. Leave. We'll take care of her." Devin said angrily to him.

He looked at him and just asked, " Do you even know her name.? Look, we have forever to discuss this. Let's first put her somewhere without audience. She needs calm and quiet."

"I agree." I conceded.

I picked her up bridal style and made my way to the elevator. Devin and the vampire were alongside me. She was in my arms with her head in the crook of my neck. It felt content to have her near me, a feeling I have never had, the feeling of completeness.

 The elevator dinged at the penthouse and we moved to my room. I put her on my bed. Today was the night of first times. The feeling and emotions the rose from me were somethings I had never felt before or even imagined them. She curled up a little later like she was scared. It broke my heart at that sight.

The vampire, moved to sit next to her and quietly called her.

"Princess, everything's okay.", he reassured her. He put his hand on her head and slowly brushed her hair with his fingers. She seemed to calm down at that. 

"What happened to her?" I asked. 

"She had a panic attack. Unlike others, Ana doesn't shake with fear, she has this ability to conceal her fear and sadness from other, so she passes out when she cannot control her anxiety anymore." he told me with sad voice. "Except that, she is the most happy and optimistic child you'll ever see."

I was pondering on the fact I just received when he inquired with the most unexpected question.

"Are you the one?"

I din't answer. I just eyed him for a while and questioned him the one thing I was dying to know.

"What's her name?"

"Anastasia.", he told me.

"Anastasia", I said, "A beautiful name for an exquisite woman."