His Curosity

The grey tie he wore complimented the grey in his eyes bringing out it's color.  As I gazed into them, all I wanted was him to tie my hands with his necktie and take me here and now on the table behind me.

Oh God! What is happening to me? I need to get laid. He is the bloody CEO of the entire chain of companies. Even in those stupid novels I like to the read, the character is not as insanely rich as him.

Somehow I pulled myself together and greeted him morning. When he growled at Devin and Jaxon to leave, I felt like a lamb caught in the wolf's den under those piercing eyes. Alone.

"Kaiden, Miss Ray. I asked you call me Kaiden." he reminded me. "It is a great morning. Isn't it? Do take a seat Miss Ray. We have a lot to discuss. ", he said.

I carefully sat on the chair confused while he took a seat across me.

"I presume they must have told you about your temporary position as the head of the department. Also, my secretary  is on maternity leave and after I hire a new head, you will be my secretary. Do you have any questions?", he asked.

I was gawking at him. Trying to comprehend his words and his demeanor was doing me no favor. Without thinking I blurted out, "Why me?". As soon as I said those words, I wanted to take them back. This was complete torture. I have been given the best possible position without even asking for it and here I am, questioning it.

But the corner of his mouth went up a little. He stood up and came by my left side. Leaned a little over the table and then stared at me all the while with unquivering intensity in his eyes . He then put his index finger under my chin, stood me up and guided me to stand close to him. As soon as his finger touched me I felt tingling all over eyer inch of my flesh.

"You're all I want.", he said, hanging on to every blink of my eye, every nuance if my expression. He dropped is hand and moved back a little and explained " Your proficiency and accomplishments have been praised by many here. Your  attitude and knowledge got you awards even though you worked under Mr. Jarred Frey. Thus, you are perfect for the position and I want nothing but the perfect."

I involuntarily took a small step towards him when he took a step back. He eyes were smiling with the reaction.

"Also there are certain conditions and  I have a few questions  for you before you start.", he said. I nodded my head not trusting myself with words.

"Firstly, you will move in Hunter Manor along with your family. I want you available whenever I need you. Doing back and forth will be long and tedious and I'm an impatient man Anastasia.", he said, uttering my name for the first time.

Move in? With him? Though the thought should feel outrageous, it somehow comforted me. Sebastian may have been looking out for us till now but the feeling of being with this gorgeous man felt safe. Sebastian? My face must have revealed something because as I was thinking of Seb, Kaiden asked,

"Is there a problem? A boyfriend? A lover? Someone you can't leave behind. "

"N-No."

"Good.", he said with smiling eyes.

"But, I need to ask Sebastian before taking up the offer.", I said.

A little smile that was constant on his face faded. I felt guilty. I wanted to make him smile again but I didn't know why he reacted this way. Without knowing I placed my hands on his chest.