Chapter 26

I tightened my ponytail, chewing on my lip. My eyes flicked back to door as Alejandro popped his head in.

"Are you coming?"

I wavered for a couple of seconds, before nodding reluctantly, slipping off the bed and making my way towards the door. I quickly memorised our route as we walked, scanning every detail. Every feature.

He led me down corridor after corridor, before taking a sharp turn and hopping down a few steps. I stopped in horror, my stomach churning.

The steps were dark, forbidding. The ominous yellow light from the ceiling caused me shiver. It illuminated the cracks and harsh material - clinically sharp concrete. They went on for ages; all I could see was stairs.

Alejandro raised an eyebrow at me, lifting a hand to wave in front of my face. I blinked, jerking back.

"Hello? Problem?" He asked impatiently. I swallowed, taking another step back.

"Is this the part where you kill me?"

It came out more serious than I had intended. He rolled his eyes, muttering underneath his breath.

"Dramatic...no...gives me...time of day....wasted...life..." Was all I could make out from his hushed voice. It was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

He let out a frustrated sigh, flicking his hand in the air sharply.

"Less talking. More walking." He commanded, turning around and striding down the steps in record time. After ten minutes of walking, we made it to a set of double doors, barricading my view. He paused, glancing back at me.

"This is the most important meeting of your life so far. Don't screw up." He told me seriously, before crashing the door open and striding through. I huffed as it crashed in my face, making me jerk back just in time to avoid the harsh metal.

I muttered under my breath as I slammed the doors opened with all my might - causing them to bang against the walls deafeningly. All eyes snapped towards me as I strode in, before stopping, narrowing my eyes.

I was in some sort of warehouse - empty apart from the people standing in the centre. It was dark and dimly lit, but exceedingly hot. My eyes narrowed further.

"What country am I in?" I demanded, my voice firm and assertive. The men all gave me a double-take, as if they had expected me to be cowering in a corner.

"Mexico." One spat, eyeing me like a filthy rag. I sent him a ferocious glare before letting out a huff.

"They really do want to kill me." I muttered.

"You do not like Mexico?" Alejandro asked, frowning.

"On no, I love it - but Mexico doesn't love me." I replied, my lips quirking up slightly at the edges. The rest of the men stayed silent, eyeing me cautiously like I was a foreign creature, or suspect.

I scanned their faces before letting out a gasp. He offered a cheeky wave when our eyes connected, causing me to growl under my breath.

I marched towards him, much to the curiosity of the others, grabbed his shirt, and slammed him against the wall. He let me do all this without complaint, looking slightly surprised and amused.

"Kay-"

I slammed him against the wall again; cutting off his speech and knocking the wind out of him. He gasped for air as I glared at him.

"Jax, if you don't tell me what you are doing here right now, I will personally ensure you do not return again." I hissed. He grinned, his breathing still slightly wheezy.

"Nice...to see you...too."

I went to slam him again, causing his eyes to widen.

"Wait! I can...ex...explain!" He said frantically, his arms waving slightly. My hands relaxed as I set him onto the floor - but still pinned him against the wall.

"Speak." I demanded. He held up a finger while he regained his breath, before lowering it.

"I am a spy after Dereck. I promise you I had no idea you'd be here."

My eyes darkened, my face fierce as I stared him down.

"How long have you known?" I demanded, my voice strong. He flinched slightly, but still insisted on flashing me a smile.

"I have...no clue who...you...you are. I promise." He said breathlessly. I went to slam him again when a voice interrupted me.

"Can you not beat my men around? First Hatrov, now Jax?"

My hands froze in mid air, my mouth going dry. All the words in my mind caught in my throat as the world fell silent, apart from my thumping heart.

"Cyrus?"

*~*~*~*~*

Plot twist for you? Hehehe.... bet none of you were expecting that! :D

Thinks are hitting up a bit on the drama now - finally! Lol. I've been waiting for ages to reach this point! I've got so many plans...

Did you enjoy this chapter? Surprised? Any new favourites? Please remember to vote and comment what you think! I love how you've all been a bit more active recently - voting and giving your thoughts and fan-talk here and there! It really does make my day :)

Sneak peak: all I can say is that there will be many twists and turns on this roller coaster ride!

Thanks for reading!

xxx