Acknowledgments

The Relic

There was a time when stories were difficult to tell.

Holed deep down they were, churning like the ocean's swell.

Are we curious to see how deep we can go, dear friend?

Naturally inclined to read our characters' long-winded end.

Knowledge being the power and always left quite unfulfilled

You possess the beginning now to build.

Open your mind and welcome the imagination

Upon these characters and their newly written compilation.

Thank you, Nicole Brosor, for walking me through this writing process every step of the way. I appreciate all the minichapters you send my way. Thank you, Jordan Brosor, for letting me kidnap your wife to help in this writing adventure. Not to mention the meals and countless nights you two let me sleep on your couch!

Thank you to my dad, Steve, my mom, Donella, and my brother, Aaron, for your continued support. You always let me discuss my stories and ideas in full. I cannot tell you how much you have pushed me to be the best that I could be.

Thank you, TJ Geist Rock, for your time, effort, dedication, inspiration, and creation of all the character concept artwork. I cannot even begin to send my appreciation to you and of your amazing abilities. The only thing I can do is advertise and promote his stunning artwork—please check him out. He is a phenomenal human being who deserves amazing praise. Thank you, TJ, for being so willing and interested in this project. I hope we can stick together for the next book to come. (Support local artists. Whoo!)

Thank you to all my friends who have been given a copy of this to read at your leisure. Your continued support is always appreciated.

Thank you, dear readers, for taking the time to read this adventure, and I hope you anticipate the next book. I could not have been able to publish my book series without your continued support. See you all next time.

—Tessa Renalds