Chapter 8

"Hey" I heard Ethan say as soon as I walked out of the classroom. I looked at him and nodded

"Hi" I said and began to walk away before I heard Ethan catch up to me.

"How was class?" he asked I just shrugged

"It was alright just the fact that the whole time everyone was staring at me like they wanted to murder me" I replied

"Oh"

"Yeah 'oh'" I mimicked as we reached my locker. I put on my combination and opened it before grabbing my things for my next class and putting the books that I had inside and closing it after wards.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable the other day, I didn't mean to" he said after a while of silence

"It's fine, just don't do it again, it really creped me out" I replied and he nodded

"Don't worry it won-"he began when that girl, Rachel I think her name was, came up to Ethan and kissed him on the lips. I walked around the two and headed to my third period which was English.

Just seeing him with her hurt, but I don't know why it should since Ethan and I aren't even dating or anything. I sighed and shook my head. I heard my name being called minutes after I began my walk to class and turned around to see Ethan running towards me.

"Noah wait" he said as he stopped in front me, out of breath, he was leaning against his knees as he tried to get his breathing under control

"Yes?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. I looked at the time on my phone and cursed, I had 3 minutes to get to class.

"Sorry about that back there, Caitlin tends to do that a lot" he said. Damn I got the name wrong but oh well.

"It's fine I don't really care she's your girlfriend, you don't have to apologize to me for something like her kissing you" I replied and turned around to continue my way to class.

"N-"

"Ethan, walk me to class babe" his girlfriend said as she walked up to us and pulled his arm from mine.

"See you later Ethan" I said and walked away.

"N-"was the last thing I heard before I turned the corner and entered class. The best thing about this class was that my dad taught it.

"Noah" I heard him say as soon as I walked in

"Sorry" I whispered as I walked to my seat next to Rikkie. I saw my dad shake his head before turning his back to the class and began writing some notes on the board. Why did my heart hurt when I saw Ethan and Caitlin kissing? Why did I feel like crying because of it? Why did my heart flutter the moment his hand touched my arm? God so many questions yet no answer. I must of zoned out because when I tuned back in, class was over. I grabbed my backpack from the floor and walked down the isle towards the door only to be stopped by my dad.

"Go on Rikkie, Noah will be in lunch in a few" Dad said and she nodded before saying 'see you later' as she walked out.

"Yes, Dad?" I asked turning to him

"Care to explain why you were late?" he asked with his arms crossed

"Ethan and I were talking and I didn't see the time, it won't happen again I promise" I said and he nodded with a sigh

"Just be careful Noah. Ethan has a reputation and I don't want you getting hurt because of him" he said with a concerned voice

"I know dad, and don't worry, Ethan and I aren't friends or anything. He was just asking how I was since he was the one who got Anthony off of me last night" I replied and he nodded

"That's what your brother said, I shall talk to him and thank him as well" he said

"Ok, so is that everything you wanted Dad?" I asked and he nodded

"I'll see you at home kiddo" he said and I nodded

"Bye dad" and with that I walked out of the room and headed to the lunch room but I didn't get far since I was grabbed and thrown against the wall. I groaned as my head hit the wall.

"Where are you going faggot?" I heard a voice that I was hoping to never hear. I looked up and saw Mitch standing above me, his eyes were blazing with anger, his fists were balled up by his side as he looked down at me.

"Lunch" I replied as I tried standing up only to get pushed back down with his foot pressing against my chest. It made it hard to breathe. He was putting half his weight against my chest.

"Give me your m-"he began when someone yelled

"Let him go Stevens" I looked over and saw Ethan standing at the end of the hall with his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at Mitch.

"And if I don't?" Mitch asked with a smirk which Ethan returned as he walked towards us. I could see the anger in Ethan's eyes as he stared Mitch down.

"E-Ethan?" Mitch stuttered as he realized who he was talking to

"The one and only Stevens" Ethan hissed as he grabbed Mitch's arm and pulled him off of me and pinned him against the wall apposite from me.

"Get to lunch Noah" Ethan said and I didn't have to be told twice. I ran down the hall to the lunch room where I got in line to get my lunch before going to sit with my friends and brother. After getting my lunch I walked to the table where the others were sitting.

"What took you so long to get here? You have less than 20 minutes to eat" Jayson said as he looked at me as I sat down.

"I know, I was talking with dad and then I got cornered by Mitch but Ethan got there before Mitch did anything to me" I replied and he nodded before frowning

"Ethan?" he asked and I nodded

"Yup" I replied popping the 'p' as I began to eat my lunch. I ignored everyone's eyes on me the whole time. Minutes later the lunch room doors opened and we all turned around to see Ethan holding Mitch before throwing him on the ground.

"If anyone touches a hair on Noah Rivers then you'll all have to deal with me. Noah is not to be touched as long as I'm around. He is to be respected and not touched. That goes to all of you homophobes around. Not only will you have to deal with his brother and friends but with me as well" my eyes widen as he said that. I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor just like the jaws of everyone in the room including his girlfriend.

"Why are you defending that faggot Ethan?" she hissed only to get a glare from him

"Because just like him, I'm a faggot as you call him" Ethan replied making the lunch room fill with gasps and whispers.

"And one more thing Caitlin insult him one more time and I swear I'll make your life hell for the rest of your life" and with that he walked out. Did he, did he just come out?

"Did he just do what I think he did?" I heard Jayson ask

"I think he did" Jake replied with the same shock evident on his voice. I turned around and saw that everyone on the table were all looking at me with the same look that I had when Ethan came in.

"He's never acted that way before, like ever" Lea said and Jake nodded along with the others. I sighed and hit my head on the table

"Kill me now" I mumbled making them chuckle.

"You should feel honored. Ethan doesn't always stick up to anyone" Jason said.

"No" I whined

"Come on kiddo, let's get you to class" Jayson said as he patted my back. I nodded and stood up and followed after them. Mitch just moved out of the way when he saw me walking with the football team.

"Stay away from him if you don't want to get your ass kicked again" I heard Jake say but I didn't turn around to see what happened.

This year is going to be one hell of a year.