Chapter 17

It's been days since we learned about Ethan's accident and since Jake had left the US to go to Canada where his brothers and parents were. He had called Jayson and the others to let them know how Ethan and Isaac were doing but neither would tell me. I guess they were only keeping it from me so I won't get a panic attack again.

Why did I even react so badly about Ethan being in an accident if I didn't like him? He freaked me out, he gave off mixed signals all the time. He confused me to no end and yet, here I am, yearning to learn anything about his condition. I even pleaded with my brother to tell me how Ethan was doing after he'd get off the phone with Jake, but he would just shake his head and change the subject.

I hated when he did that. I just wanted to know how he was doing that's all. Rikki and the others had tried to keep my mind off of Ethan by talking about school, about Levi getting accepted to UCLA along with Andrew and Maddie and Rikki talked about how they were both accepted to NYU and UNH. I was glad that even though we were still freshmen they were already accepted to the colleges they had wanted to go since they could remember. I haven't even started looking colleges yet, I guess I was still wrapped up in being a kid that my mind hasn't started focusing in growing up yet.

"have you thought about where you want to go for college?" Maddie asked as we all sat in my hospital room talking about random things, I shook my head

"Not really, there's a lot of colleges that have what o want to study but they haven't really pulled me in just yet" I replied sighing and they nodded

"That's alright, besides we have three more years to actually start thinking about colleges and all that" Rikki said

"True, but you four already know where you're all going to" I stated

"That doesn't mean we can't look at other colleges" Levi responded as he leaned against Andrew who smiled and kissed the top of his head

"I know, but I fell so left out" I whined making them chuckle

"Then why don't you just look up colleges that have what you want to study while you're here?" Andrew asked

"I don't really have a laptop to do research" I mumbled

"Oh"

So for the rest of visiting hours, my friends came and went, each talking about different things that I didn't really care about. It was around 9 when I decided to just watch some TV in order for sleep to come and take me under.  As I looked through the channels, I stopped on the news when I heard the reporter talking about Ethan.

"Family of Ethan and Isaac Davis had spoken to a few of our reporters early this morning and they had said that Isaac is in do for a speedy recovering as he had minor injuries, he only escaped with a broken arm and a few cuts and scratches, here and there, he is to be released from the hospital in a week, but news on Ethan's recovering is still uncertain. The doctors had talked to the parents and brother saying that they should be ready for the worst and to be ready to say their goodbyes to him"

I could feel my eyes burning with unshed tears and I was still confused as to why I was feeling like a part of me was missing, it made no sense whatsoever, we never spoke, the only times we ever talked was when we met at the One Direction concert, when he defended me from Mitch and Anthony and when he showed up in my room and I told him to leave.

"Doctors had said that Ethan's injuries had been worse from his brother's as the driver slammed into his side of the car. He's been in surgery for the past 4 hours and they still have yet to tell if he will make it or not" is this what they were keeping from me? Why would they even keep something like this from me? It's not like I have feelings for him or anything. My head hurts just because of these questions running through my head.

Tears that I didn't know that had gathered in my eyes began to roll down my cheeks and my body began shaking uncontrollably and I didn't why I was even feeling like my life was falling apart just because Ethan might not make it through.  I didn't know when I had fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, I was waking up to voices talking in hush whispers around me.

"Has Jake called?" I heard Maddie's voice ask

"Yeah, he said that Ethan's in a coma and they don't know if the surgery was a success or not" Jayson replied making me whimper. Everyone had stopped talking because of me, I opened my eyes but I quickly closed them as the light burned my eyes. I could feel my heart breaking with my brother's words.

"Oh Noah" Rikki and Maddie whispered in unison, each on either side of my bed. I swallowed the lump in my throat; tears were once again clouding my vision making it hard to see anything, let alone anyone.

"It's going to be ok, Noah" Rikki whispered wiping the tears away but I shook my head

"I-I do-don't even know why this is affecting me so much" I whimpered

"Whether you want to believe it or not, you feel something for him" Maddie said

"B-but I" I couldn't find the words to finish that because I knew they were right, I was just to blind to realize that I had fallen in love with a boy that has done nothing but keep me safe. A boy that is fighting for his life; a boy that I have only known for a short time, a UFC fighter and that boy is named Ethan Davis.