Do You Hear The People Sing? Link, Volga, Ghirahim Part 2

Do you hear the people sing?

Somewhere in a crowd of cheering Hylians, three men stood, each with a weapon strapped to their back, a cloak covering their armor and faces, and several hundred soldiers of various tribes waiting for their command, hidden away.

Singing a song of angry men

The tallest of the three, clothed in scarlet metal plates and black fabric, a spear made of the bones of one of his own kind hanging between his right shoulder and left thigh, a metal-lined dragon skull covering his head as a helmet, soot and ash lining his face, mainly around his eyes, scales shimmering over his skin, a fire in his heart ready to explode when he willed it to.

It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again.

Another, slightly shorter than the first, clad in white, red and gold, rapier on his hip, huge demon sword on his spine, daggers waiting to be summoned from thin air, magic tingling at his fingertips. A single snap of his gloved fingers could kill.

When the beating of your heart

Finally, the third, smaller than the other two by far, a green tunic over chainmail protecting his torso brown leggings and boots over his feet and legs. A legendary blade rested on his back, covered by a shield of blue, red, gold and silver; several smaller weapons hung from his belt, like a hookshot and a bag of bombs. A bow and quiver of arrows were slung over his shoulder, concealed by his cloak.

Echoes the beating of the drums

All three wore the same expression: angry yet calm, tense yet at peace, fierce yet serene. Volga, Link and Ghirahim stood together, ready to start the battle that would end the war of Hyrule. However, they were still teenagers, not even full adults yet, trapped in a world of destruction and death, a world they didn't belong in.

There is a life about to start when tomorrow comes.

It had been a long rough road to get to this. To even find every tribe to unite them had been enough of a challenge, but to convince them after hiding for so long as well was incredibly difficult. For example, the Zoras, who lived in Lake Hylia in the south-east of Hyrule, obviously lived underwater, meaning Volga couldn't go with Link and Ghirahim. Instead, he returned to Death Mountain, flew through the cave the trio had escaped through, where Link had been forced to kill his childhood friend, and had spoken with Darunia, asking for the exact same thing as Link and Ghirahim were asking the Zoras for: aid in the war to bring the oppression to an end.

Will you join in our crusade?

The Goron leader had agreed almost immediately, his people raring to avenge their fallen comrades. The Zoras, however, weren't as easy to convince. Their leader, Queen Ruto, who was barely older than the teens, didn't want to lose any more of her people to the Hyrulean hatred. She was against even speaking to Link because he was a Hylian himself. It was only when Ghirahim had explained their experiences with the Hylian forced had she agreed to listen to their proposal. In return for their alliance, the Zoras would be free from the hunters as soon as the war was won. If they allowed the discrimination to continue, more of their kind would die than would in the attack. Eventually, Queen Ruto agreed and started to prepare her soldiers for battle while Link, Ghirahim and Volga moved on to the Skull Kids and the Kokiri.

Who will be strong and stand with me?

The faceless and nameless Skull Kids were difficult to reason with. They were mischievous and asked far too many questions. In fact, they had nearly got the three lost in the woods; had the Kokiri not found them,  they would have been trapped there for the rest of their lives. The Kokiri tribe weren't fighters, but they were powerful healers, and their home in the enchanted Lost Woods was quickly changed into a base for the Resistance, as the tribes were beginning to be called. The leader of the ageless Kokiri, Saria, spoke with the Skull Kids, gaining their allegiance with a song she had written. Their slightly berserk nature would either be the savior or the downfall of them all.