9 - Work

I'm sorry this has taken so long, it's been forever. I suck, I know. But shit happens and I been focused more on my other story. It's not much but it's something. Hope you like it.

Chapter 9 - Work

Jason was flicking through a catalogue. It was part of his job to choose which cloths to order in, but I usually helped. Jason was surprisingly good with fashion but he liked to get a second opinion, especially in women's cloths.

I was standing over him and leaned down to point to a multiple coloured jacket in an Aztec pattern, it was simple but flattering in shape.

"That ones pretty." I said and put a hand on his shoulder to steady myself. "I'd bye it if I was a rich bitch."

Jason chuckled and shook his head but marked the item with his pen.

From my peripheral vision I could 2 tall figures in the shop entryway to I looked up ready to give the usual smile and greet but I faltered when I realised who it was.

It was both Lukyan and Odin Fletcher.

I quickly tried to recover only to falter agin when I saw their stony expressions. Their eyes looked on the edge of crazy, like one little thing could tip them over the edge of madness and send them wild.

I stared a second before quickly stationing and removing my hand from Jason's shoulder. I pasted on the standard warm smile to cover my nervousness.

They were just standing there, so I decided it was time to pull myself together "Hi Mr. Fletcher." I looked at Odin. Paused. Then looked at Lukyan. "Hi... Mr. Fletcher."

"Hello Nova." Lukyan said, low and eerie calm.

"Hi Nova." Odin said, deep and rough. "We didn't know you worked here."

I didn't know what to say and it suddenly dawned on me why they didn't seem happy - no it wasn't just that they seemed unhappy, I knew they weren't.

And I also knew it was because Jason was hear. Jason. The 'boy' they had wanted to know about.

"Uh, yeah well. I do."

I turned to Jason who was smiling completely unaware. "So your the new teachers. I've seen you around school but don't have classes with either of you. I'm Jason. Anyways. . ." Jason raised an eyebrow at me as if to say 'well go on, your not called customer service for nothing.'

Oh, shit, right. I thought. Got a job to do here.

I cleared my thought. "So. In need of any help? Or just browsing?" They didn't seem like the king of men who went window shopping but it was the usual greeting and I decided I should just stick to it and pretend they were just ordinary customers. The shop was known for having friendly and helpfully customer service and I was determined to keep it that way.

"Yes actually." Lukyan said. "We're in need of dress shirts."

"Well formal wear is at the back," Nova paused, not wanting to make the next offer but knowing I had to. "I can also take your measurements if you like. Or Jason can if your more comfortable with that." Jason had gone back to checking stock and the catalogues.

Great thanks for the backup Jas.

"Well we won't distract Jason from his work but it would be great if you could." Odin said, both of them had suddenly done a 180 mood swing from glowering to grinning.

"Ah yeah, sure." My voice was croaky and I swallowed with nervousness. "Follow me."

When I reached the back of the shop I turned to face them. At the back of the shop there was a row of change rooms and then a closed off alcove for measuring people.

"So who's first? It won't take very long." I asked and they both opened their mouths but Odin spoke first grinning.

"I am." He said and Lukyan scowled just slightly.

"Okay, in here." I lead him around the corner to the the room were we we're hidden from view.

"Should I take my jacket off?" He asked and actually smiled as if it was the best idea in the world. I looked at him only really just taking in what he was wearing. He'd changed out of his teachers get up into jeans a t-shirt and a dark jacket.

"No your jackets fairly thin so it's wont get in the way." I said relieved. Did he look disappointed?

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. Could you turn around for me?" The space in the room seemed way to small with Odin's hulking figure filling it. Most people were a little awkward when getting measured, but Odin seemed totally confident and sure of himself.

I wanted him to feel as awkward as I did. I mean he was my teacher - this was a little weird on its own even without the runs ins I had had with the brothers.

When me turned I approached his back wearily. "Ok I'm just gonna measure across your shoulders first."

"Sure."

Normally I made light conversation with the customers - 'How was your day?' 'You local or on holiday?' 'Enjoying the nice weather?' 'Bad weather, huh?' - but I decided that wasn't gonna happen.

A part of me wanted to step closer to him but a bigger part wanted as much distance as possible so I had to stretched out my arms to reach up to his wide shoulders. He was so tall my eyes were barley level with his shoulders.

When I settled my hand on his shoulder I realized he wasn't as relaxed as I had originally thought. His already large muscles bulged with tension and suddenly I wanted him to take his jacket off and his shirt and I wanted to rub his shoulders until the tension eased from them under my hands.

Then reality set in and I went about doing my job.

"So you work with Jason." his voice was now as tense and his muscles and his I saw right through his attempt at nonchalance.

Before I hadn't wanted to tell them about Jason because of how they had demanded to know. Now? Now I just wanted to sooth him. As crazy as it was. I didn't know why either of them cared what me and Jason were but I knew they did care and that it was eating away at them.

Or maybe I was crazy? Yeah, crazy.

"Yeah he's Rubens brother and works most afternoons so he gives me a ride." I said.

"So there's nothing going on there? He's not your boyfriend or anything?" His tone more than just curious.

I let out a short laugh at that. "God no." Just before I took my hands of his shoulders I thought I felt a little of the tension ease.

I took out a note pad and wrote down the measurement then moved in front of him.

Oh Lord I didn't want to do the next bit, I didn't even wanna look him in the eye little own reach around his waist with a measuring tape.

"Alright I'm gonna measure around your waist now."

"Go right ahead." When I looked at his face it was almost like he was daring me and I had the insane urge to give him a saucy smile and run my hands down his chest. And then just maybe rip his shirt in half and pull it over his shoulders.

Jesus, what was wrong with me. Where was the 'meh' I'd been feeling about boys and kissing and sex my whole life. Sure I could adore a hot bod and I fantasized and did all that but I'd never pined to have a boyfriend like other girls did. Non of it seemed a big deal to me. Id laughed in sex Ed when they talked about hormones getting out of control but now I wanted to rub against this man like a cat in heat.

But I didn't do that. For obvious reasons.

Instead I asked him; "Could you hold your arms out a little bit away from your sides please." because I knew touching the skin on his thick arms was a very, very bad idea.

He did as told and I finished the measuring as quick as possible, gave him his size and then it was Lukyan's turn.

When I first saw him somehow I just knew that he had heard everything that had been said between me and Odin and he seemed relieved by it.

I had the insane thought that it was because he knew Jason's wasn't my boyfriend.