♠♣♥♦Prologue♦♥♣♠

The little girl could just not sleep,
Because her thoughts were way too deep.
Her mind had gone out for a stroll
And fallen down a rabbit hole

     Tears rolled down Alice's pale cheeks as she looked at her pitiful reflection. Locks of curly, pale, blond hair that reached her waist fell in her face, hiding her right, baby blue eye. Her sweater, the same color as her eyes, almost reached the bottom of her black, denim shorts. She was tall and slender, yet very insecure and self-conscious. She held a razor blade in one hand, the blade resting on her right wrist. Tears flowed out of her eyes and down her beautiful and delicate face faster than Niagra Falls. Her breaths were shaky and shallow, as she looked back down at her wrist. She gently pushed down, making a small bead of blood slip down her already scarred wrist. In a fit if anger, she threw the razor at the mirror. She began crying hysterically and opened her mirror, pushing aside an assortment of items. She pulled down five pill bottles, they were her prescription medication. With her common sense vanished, she tipped back her head and gulped down all of the pills. Her sobs slowly began to recede​ and her shoulders stopped trembling. She was suddenly very tired and dizzy. Turning to go to her bedroom, she took a step towards the door. She blacked out and collapsed onto the cold, tiled, bathroom floor, banging her head on the edge of the sink as she fell. She felt dizzy and disoriented as black closed in on her vision. All was silent and still.