Secrets Are No Fun

6 months ago, Alec Lightwood's life changed forever.

As Alec left work during lunch break at work one day, he headed over to the nearest flower shop to buy a bouquet for his sister Izzy, whose birthday party was that night. When he walked in, the aroma of sweetness attacked his nose immediately. What also attacked him, was the sight of a beautiful man sitting behind the counter, reading a book.

He was definitely of asian descent, with skin the glowed like the sun and when he looked up, his eyes were green and golden and shined.

"Hi! Welcome to Warlock Flowers, how may I help you?" the beautiful man said with a smile.

Angel, his smile was the cutest thing Alec had ever seen. That smile can can cure cancer.

Alec realized he had been staring at him for a minute like a creep. "Uh... I need to buy a bouquet..."

"Of course darling! Let me show you our best ones..." the man starts to scramble around grabbing flowers and sticking them into a pot. When he finished, he presented them to Alec.

"Ta da!! Is this good enough for you?"

Alec barely spares a glance at the flowers. "Y-yeah they're perfect."

"Great! Come on over and I'll ring you up!" Alec's face suddenly heats up as he walks over to the counter. "How much?" Alec asks.

"For you? Nothing," the beautiful man replies.

"Are you serious? I can't just take it for free!"

"Hmm okay. I want your number then. Any maybe a date?"

"W-well I don't even know your name."

"Oh! Magnus Bane at your service, darling. And you?"

"A-alec. Lightwood. Alec Lightwood."

"Now we know each other. How bout that number, then?"

Alec freezes. "O-oh um yeah sure." Alec is an idiot. He writes down his number and handed the paper to the beautiful man- Magnus.

"You'll be getting a text about that date", Magnus says and winks. Alec quickly grabs the bouquet and leaves the store. As he's walking back to his office building, his heart starts pounding and his mind racing. He couldn't believe it. He has a date. A date!!
--------
Now, 6 months later, Alec is laying on the couch of his boyfriend's apartment while his boyfriend is cooking dinner. On his chest lies Chairman Meow, Magnus' cat. He's napping contently as Alec's fingers stroke his fur.

"Darling! Dinner's ready!"

Alec gets up and heads on into the kitchen where Magnus has laid out an array of dishes ranging from lobster tails to rotisserie chicken.

"Whoa Mags, who are we feeding?" Alec says, shocked by how much food Magnus has prepared.

"Well, I have to feed you, and I thought you could take the leftovers and eat it at work tomorrow so you aren't stuck with a lousy sandwich." A blush rises to Alec's cheeks, and he's grateful that his boyfriend is so thoughtful.

During dinner, it's a combination of laughs and kissed between the couple. Having a boyfriend who can cook is such a plus.

"Maybe next time, you can bring your siblings over and I'll cook for them" Magnus says and his words send Alec into shock. His siblings don't know he have a boyfriend. They don't even know that he's gay!

"Mags... you know I'm not out to them yet..."

"I know, but it's been half a year. Don't you think it's time? Are you ashamed of me?"