I guess this is the beginning

Looking around her new apartment she sighed,
"How did I end up here?" Charlie smiled to her self. She was a 20 year from a small town in Canada, who grew up and wanted to travel. So she decided to move to California and explore the world.
She looked out her window and saw that across the street there was a fairly large house, with a bunch of cars outside. She was a car girl always helping her dad or brothers out in the family garage. She had her own car she was proud of. Nothing to crazy just a simple white Mitsubishi Evo that she loved to death. She missed her family but they call each other often and she's enjoying being out of her family town so it wasn't that bad. She finally got done unpacking her boxes. She had to go to ikea eventually to get some new furniture but for now just her couch and bed will do. Finding a job was on her list but she was getting hungry and decided that she should stock her fridge.
She changed out of her loose tank top and sweat pants for a pair of ripped black skinny jeans, a black tee and a flannel thrown over top. Nothing too fancy but enough for the grocery store. Grabbing the keys off her island she locked the door behide her and went downstairs to her car. She hopped in and rolled the car over. Hearing the engine come to life always made her smile. She rolled down the windows figuring it's not to hot for air conditioning and that she can live without it for the drive, she backed the car out of the drive way. Pulling out onto the road she saw a bunch of guys out on the street. One was wearing a pink wig and a dress, another had a camera in his hand filming while the others laughed. She giggled to her self and honked the horn and wolf whistled. The man with the camera pumped his fist and laughed. The one in the dress blushed so hard his face was the same shade as the wig. She chuckled and kept driving shaking her head.
"At least I have fun neighbors."
After she got her grocerys one of the boys was outside cleaning, what looked to be packing peanuts out of a red car. She parked in her spot and popped the trunk. She groaned looking at all the bags.
"Why did I buy so much food." She tried grabbing all the bags but she couldn't reach up and close the trunk. It didn't help that the crazy wing she installed made the trunk heavier.
"Ughh." She tried one last time.
"You know you can make multiple trips or put the bags down to close it." She whipped her head around and saw the boy from across the street.
"Who makes multiple trips to carry grocerys?" She smirked at him. Man he has the most beautiful blue eyes.
"That's true, I sure don't." He smiled. God his smile, Charlie almost melted right then and there.
"Do you need any help with this?" He asked motioning to the bags and trunk. Charlie hesitated and then slowly nodded and sighed,
"Sure." She wanted to get to know this boy better.
"That is if it's not to much trouble of course. I saw you were busy. Not that I'm watching you or anything. There was just packing peanuts all over the place and I saw you cleaning-" He laughed watching her blush,
"I didn't think that. About the peanuts sorry, my roommates and I are kind of in the middle of this mega prank war." Charlie shifted the bags in her hands and giggled,
"No worries, wait... you were the guy in the dress and wig this morning!" The boy blushed and rubbed the back of his head.
"Oh you saw that did you?" He said closing the trunk and taking some of her bags. "Now the dress and stuff kind of makes sense with the whole prank war and everything but how did you get in the dress for the prank? I'm kind of confused?"
"Well um, how about we walk these to your apartment and I'll tell you about that?" Smiling she agreed. Pulling her keys out of her pocket she typed in a code on the outside of the door and it beeped unlocking the main door. She held it open for him. He nodded his head in thanks and followed her to the elevator. Then they got in and she clicked the floor.
"So, a while back me and my friend Sam dyed our roommate Elton's dog pink, it was only suppose to last for a few weeks, but... it's been months. So he decided He would get us back. I really like my hair and I don't let people touch it that often and he thought it would be funny to super glue the wig to my head." Charlie raised her eyebrows and stifled a laugh as the elevator dinged open. She lead him out of the hall as he continued the story,
"So of course I was freaking out, and got mad. Eventually I fell asleep for the night. I was scared it was going to pull all my hair out or I'd have to cut it. The next day I woke up and Elton said he knew how to get it off, but he would only tell me if I wore the dress and went outside. So yeah that's when you saw me this morning." Charlie stopped at the last door on the left and unlocked it. "So you obviously got it off. Your roommate sounds like a jerk but kind of fun? Your hair looks good so no damage?" He smiled at her comment watching her place the bags on the counter and he did as well before speaking.
"Thanks, he is fun to be around except when he super glues wigs to your head." Charlie laughed, "Oh! I'm Charlotte but the way, but everybody calls me Charlie."
"My names Colby, and everybody calls me Colby."She laughed and smacked his arm,
"Thanks for helping me carry my stuff up by the way." He smiled,
"No problem. I'm just across the street if you need anything."
"Alrighty. Thank you again!" He smiled and Charlie showed him out, when the door shut she turned around and slide down the door holding her hands to her chest.