8

Jake p.o.v.
"Ooo~ I know what to do!! Come here!"
The Pink tailed mermaid said tugging my arm and pulling me where she wanted me. She squinted her eyes and started going through some bottles? Grabbing one of the bottles she raised it and handed it to me.

"Go ahead and drink it, its not deadly but it's really useful in situations like these!" 

It was small bottle with a picture of a small fish on it. What if this is poison? What is this going to do to me. I could feel myself not being able to breath then I realized i couldn't breath anymore!!

"Shit!"

He put the bottle on my mouth and i swallowed what was inside quickly. I coughed and I was able to breath again. I held my head tightly and my lower body was in pain but after a few seconds it was over. My head reached my head then i felt something, lowering my hand I touched my...ears? I looked down and I didn't see my legs....

"AHHHHHH!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!???"

"Oh wow, it actually worked! And not bad he looks pretty cute."
She winked her eye at me but no time for flattery!

"What happened to me!?"

"Hey, hey, chill!! Its a potion that can turn you part mermaid but only for a while so go hurry get home!"

"Thanks Rox I owe you. Cmon lets go Jake."

He grabbed my hand and we swam away but right before we left he stopped and the Rox girl threw him a potion,

"Don't forget there still looking for youu!"

He drank the bottle then his tail changed color to a pinkish magenta. Woah...

"Whoops wrong one. Here." He caught it and took a drink quickly and his tail changed into an aqua color.

"Now lets go."

I moved my tail and I was pushed forward quickly. I did it twice and now i went faster! This is faster than regular swimming. I looked behind me and saw his smiling at me.

"How about a race? First one to make it to the castle with out being spotted by guards wins."

"Deal. On your make, get set, ...go!"

I started moving my tail then i saw a flash of the aqua and I wasn't able to see him anymore, wow hes a fast swimmer! I caught up to him for a second I was so tired when I saw him sitting on a rock, some people passed by staring at him but not saying anything.

"I win."
I rolled my eyes and hit his arm lightly, of course he did he has more experience than me.

I saw him smile and he grabbed my hand. I noticed a group of guards and some mermaids frantically swimming around

"Your Magesty!!"

"Prince, Prince?!"

"Where have you gone now, Young lord!"

Why are they calling out all these names? He let go of my hand and pointed ahead

"This is as far as I can take you, just go straight and youll find the sand rising, that means your there. Once you on land you'll turn human. And don't worry youll be safe from now on."

"Thank you for everything you've done for me, I don't believe I've ever gotten your name?"

"Its..."

"Dirk! Where the hell have yo- woah whose that?

"Oh hello nice to meet you my name is Jake."

I looked over at him, er well Dirk, i had to admit, he is quite handsome. And I finally learned his name at least,

"Oh nice hey Jake, but ill have to take my brother out of here Im tired of everyone asking where he is."

It was a blonde merman with a bright red tail and red eyes. He looked about Johns age. These mermaids are amazing!!

"Dave do me a favor and take Jake to the island and make sure your not being fallowed."

The other merman nodded his head and tilted his head telling us to go.

"Thank you for all the help Dirk, will I ever be able to see you again?"
He grabbed my arm with the mark on and smiled,

"You'll see again, i hope."

Im sooooo sorry for this chapter being so late. I decided to make it a bit longer? Hope you enjoyed it!! :3