27

* Day Kamaya Leaves To Go To Puerto Rico *
Kamaya-
I Sat In The Airport Cold Even With 3 Jackets On & 2 Pairs Of Tights. I Saw This Man Staring At Me. He Looked Like He Was From The Islands. He Smiled & Shook His Head When I Looked At Him. He Had Nice Curly Black Hair, Dark Brown Eyes, Skin That Was The Perfect Shade Of Lightskin, Plump Pink Lips, When He Smiled It Could've Blinded Everybody. My Plane Was Called & I Left. "Let Me Help You With That" Somebody Said Grabbing My Bag Handle. I Looked & Saw The Same Man Staring At Me. I Smiled. "Thanks". "What's Your Name, Beautiful?" He Said Looking Down At Me. "Maya.". "How Old Are You Maya? You Look Like You Could Be A Teenager" He Laughed. "My Teenage Days Are Over. I'm 24" I Chuckled. "Foreal? I'm 24 Too. I'm Sandino" He Smiled At Me. "Where You Going?" .  "Back To P.R" I Said Giving The Man My Bags To Put Under The Plane. "Look At Us. Got So Much In Common. I'm From Puerto Rico, Going Back For My Little Brothers Birthday".  "Awww. I'm From There Too.". "Hey Look At Us Having Something In Common" He Smiled Licking His Lips At Me. I Smiled & Put My Hair Behind My Ear. We Got On The Plane & Sat In Coach. It Smelt Great, Food Was Amazing, Now Only A Few Hours Until Im Back To My Home.

*Getting Off The Plane*
I Looked Around & Remembered How Life Was Back Here. It Still Had That Same Cinnamon Smell. I Smiled. I Looked Around & Saw 4 People Smiling At Me. My Heart Dropped. I Haven't Seen Them In Forever! "Aunty!" I Yelled Running To Them. My Aunt Lucy Was 35, Looking 25, Acting 15. She Was Shorter Than Me, Her Hair Was Wavy & Almond Color, Her Skin Was Soft & A Shade Before Brown. I Hugged Her Tightly Inhaling Her Coconut Smell. "Ay, Mija. I Missed You So Much! How've You Been?You Look Wonderful, Like Your Ma" She Said Looking At Me Smiling. She Moved My Hair Behind My Ear & Held My Shoulders. "I've Been Good Actually. I Was Married, Two Kids, Living In Miami. Ill Bring Them Here Soon" I Said. "Alex! Oh My God! Your So Tall!" I Said Hugging My Cousin Who's So Much Taller Than Me. He Smiled Hugging Me. "How Old Are You Now?". "17. I'm 6'5" He Smiled. I laughed & Playfully Hit His Arm. "Mija! Ah!" I Screamed Hugging My Cousin Lucia. "Last Time I Saw You You Were Nothing But Skin And Bones Oh My God" I Covered My Mouth While She Did A Spin. The Last Person I Looked At Was My Grandma. She Was The Backbone Of My Family. She's The Reason I Didn't Commit Suicide After My Mom Passed. She Smiled & Wiped Her Eyes. "Come Here Mija" My Grandma Ruthy Said. She Hugged Me Tight. She Was 68. Her Hair Was Long & Gray. It Was Braided Back In One Braid, She Wore Glasses & A Pink Dress. She Was She Was 4'11. "We're Happy To Have You Back Home! Lets Go. We're Having A Party Tonight" My Aunt Said. We Walked Back To Her White SUV. It Had 8 Seats. I Sat In The Back By Lucia, My Aunt & Grandma Sat In The Front & Alex Sat In The Far Back. "Why Didn't You Bring Your Kids? I Have One. Ma Wasn't Happy But She Loves Her. She Always Has Her On Her Hip. She's 5 Months." Lucia Said Showing Me A Picture. Her Daughter Was A Spitting Image Of Her.

Jamar -
"Fuck!" I Yelled Banging My Hand On The Wall. "Man What You Mean You Pregnant?!" I Yelled At Teeka. She Sat On My Bed With Her Head Down Crying. I Put My Hands On My Head & Paced Around The Room. "Ill Get An Abortion.. Its No Big Deal" Teeka Sniffled. I Didn't Care What She Did. "Is It Mine?" I Asked Standing In Front The Picture Of Kamaya Me & Kam On The Ride At Disney Land. "You're The Only One I Been With!" She Yelled. "Teeka You Lying Man. My Nigga Just Said You Was Chilling At His House!" I Snapped. "I Locked My Key In My House! That's Why!" She Yelled Back. I Thought. You Lock Your Key In The House? Wait .. Don't You Have To Have The Key To Lock The Door.. "You A Fucking Lie Man Get The Fuck Out My House" I Said Grabbing Her Arm Taking Her To The Door. "But Mar.." She Said Before I Closed The Door In Her Face. What If It Is My Baby? Kamaya Will Take Our Kids From Me.. Maybe Move Back To Puerto Rico With Them.. My Heart Sunk At The Thought.

Kamaya-
It Was 8 At Night & The Party Started. I Slipped On My Black & Red Dress That Stopped Above My Knees, Let My Hair Down In A Middle Part, Did My Makeup, I Had Everything But My Heels On. I Ran In My Aunt Lucy's Room To Get Some Heels. "Aunty Where Your Black Heels?" I Asked Going In Her Closet. She Had On A Red Dress & Her Hair In A Ponytail. "In The Corner On The Left" She Said Spraying Her Perfume. I Grabbed Them & Went Back To Lucias Room. She Wore A Black Dress That Stopped At Her Thighs. She Wore Heels That Had Gold Straps. Her Hair Was Curly & Middle Parted. "Yes Mija Yes!" I Said Hyping Her. We Laughed.

The Party Soon Started. Everybody Greeted & Hugged Me. I Missed My Family & It Felt Great To Be Home. Everybody Was Dancing Around, Having Fun & Drinking Like How Our Family Parties Always Go. I Looked Around & Saw Sandino Come In. He Was Greeted By My Aunt With A Hug. They Started Walking Towards Me & My Heart Started Beating Out My Chest. "Maya I Want You To Meet Sandino." She Smiled. I Put My Finger Tips On My Head & Shook My Head Smiling. "Sandino This My Niece Maya, She'll Be Here For A While, She's Single, Now Mingle" She Said Pushing Me Closer To Him. I Fell In His Chest & He Held My Waist. His Cologne Smelled So Good. I Wanted To Stay There For A Little While Longer. I Backed Up. "I'm Sorry, Excuse My Aunt" I Said Nervously. "It's Okay. You Look Beautiful" He Said Licking His Lips, Looking Me Up & Down. "Thanks. You Too" I Put My Head Down & Smiled. He Had On A Black Shirt, White Jeans & Black Timberland Boots. We Talked & Talked & Laughed. Another Spanish Song Came On & It Was My Favorite Since I Was A Little Girl. "Oh My God I Love This Song" I Smiled. "Dance With Me?" Sandino Said Holding Out His Hands. I Put My Hand In His & We Went To Dance. I Hummed The Spanish Song & Smiled. Afterwhile The Song Was Over & A Slow One Came On. He Pulled Me Closer. "Relax, I'm Not Gonna Hurt You" He Whispered In My Ear Over The Music. I Eased Up & Laid My Head On His Chest & Put My Arms On His Shoulders. His Hands Moved Down To My Ass. I Exhaled Hard I Held Me Closer If Possible. I Haven't Felt This Way In So Long I Let A Tear Slip Out. I Inhaled His Cologne & Closed My Eyes. His Arms Wrapped Around Me Tighter.
BEST. NIGHT. EVER.