chapter 28

Miles POV

" Marcel, how long are we gonna be there for"? I asked my best computer hacker. He is also the person who keeps tracks of our runs and business deals.

"Probably four days at most. But if things go wrong, probably longer" he said. I looked at one of my best fighters, Valk.

"Valk, where are we staying"? I asked.

"We will stay at Miner in for two days while we get set up, and the next day or two or longer we will stay at a hotel lodge" he said. Good.

"Okay, and where at we in supplies"? I asked. My supplies guy Juan, got out a file.

"We are all set but we are still waiting on volunteers, before we pick guys" he said.

"How many men do we have on this mission as of now"? I asked. We needed 34.

"29 sir" he said. I nodded my head. If we go short that will be okay, but it will B more ground to cover.

"Alright, send out a text to everyone about this mission and the pay. Marcel I want you to cross off the men with pregnant wives or men with kids. This job is extremely dangerous" I order. He nodded.

"Meeting dismissed" I shouted. Everyone got up, and scurried. I rubbed my temples, and looked at the clock. 2:56 PM

Mia gets out of school led then 30 minutes. I sighed. I could do some paper work. So that's what I did. I filled out paper work for our little trip we will be taking.

I checked the time and it was time to go and get Mia. It's been a couple weeks since we got back together, and honestly it's going okay. She is still getting used to my dominant possessive, over protective side.

As I drove to her school, I texted Lang letting him know I was on my way. Her school is about to go on break for a week, and its just fucking fantastic when I have a work mission to do.

But, hey what can I do? I can't just let my men do all the work. I wouldn't be a true leader. And I need to be a true leader. I will do everything in my power to be a good leader.

I just hate it when my men get killed. And its not just the feds, it's me having to tell their families, and give them extra pay, and then pay some of their bills so the don't go broke.

It's not the money, it's watching their world's fall apart and just crumble to pieces. It's just a lot.

As I pulled up to the school, Mia, Asia, and Molly were sitting in talking, laughing. While lance, Brodie, and Dylan were talking a few feet away.

I got out, and walked over to my boys.

"So, are we set to leave for the mission"? Dylan asked as soon as he saw me, and we were in safe speaking distance.

"Yes, we just need a few my more is all" I said, I watched my girl laugh at whatever it was they were talking about. I loved seeing her happy.

But I watched as her face faltered. She was looking in a direction, and she seemed upset. So I looked on the direction to see that little bastard Kio and his friends calling them names and making rude and immature body movements.

It got me really angry that he was even looking at her. I started to walk toward his little group, and Brodie and Dylam caught on quickly as well ad Lance as I started walking.

When I got to his group, I grabbed his shoulder and yanked him to where he was looking at me.

"Miles" I heard her scream, but I ignored her.

"Stop looking at Mia, stop thinking, talking, stop anything that has to do with my girl, or I swear to god, your going to pay by being under the ground" I snipped, showing off how angry I was. He was shaking a little, and my guys were in his retarted friends faces.