Chapter 19- Pets, Pt. 2

*Mackenzie's POV*
*Continues where left off...
(July 19th, 2046)

"What do you think about getting them a puppy or something?" Mason asked, closing the door of the boys' room.

"I don't know, honey, that's another one to take care of." I said.

"I'll take care of it. And we could get them an older puppy." He said.

"Go for it, Mase. But we need to get a doggy-door installed, because it better be potty trained." I chuckled.

"Yeah, of course." He replied, kissing my cheek.

*A few hours later*

Once the babies woke up from their naps, they came running downstairs to find the best present ever.

A one-year old Labrador.... Mason ran down to the pet store and got it..

"Mummy, doggie!" Levi screamed.

"I know, baby." I smiled, watching the five of them run over to pet the dog.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.... where's Bailey? Gosh, you can never get all six of them together, I tell ya...

I made my way up to the boys' room and found Bailey crying in his bed.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked, walking over to him.

"Bad dream, Mummy." He said, climbing onto me and latching his arms around my neck, gently laying his head down on my shoulder.

These are the moments I live for. These moments right here. I don't want to say that they come often, but it's not everyday you get the sweet little three-year old love. It's not everyday they want a cuddle with Mummy or Daddy.

"Do you want to go downstairs. Daddy got a doggie." I said.

He pulled away and nodded.

I carried him downstairs and we played with the puppy.

*Kami's POV*

"It sure is quiet around here..." Jack said randomly.

I glared at him and went back to what I was doing.

"Babe, did you hear me?" He asked.

"Yes, Jack, I heard you. I don't want a pet." I said.

"I'm not talking about a pet." He said.

I put down my scissors and looked up at him.

"Then what are you talking about?" I asked.

"I've been thinking a lot about what my Mum said." He replied.

"Oh my goodness." I whispered.

I quietly and quickly put my things away and made my way up to the bedroom.

"Cameron!" Jack called after me.

I ignored him and made myself a bubble bath. I need to stop stressing and relax.

"Baby, wait!" he said, following me in.

I stripped and stepped into the bathtub, sitting down and instantly feeling comfort in the warm water.

Jack sat down on the chair against the wall and proceeded to have a conversation with me.

"Why don't you want to have a baby, baby?" He chuckled.

"Because, I'm twenty years old, Jack! That's why." I answered him.

"So, we're married. It's not like we're a first time couple randomly getting pregnant." He said.

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. I'm not getting into it with Jack, not tonight.

"Just tell me why you're so against it." He cooed, reaching to hold my hand.

"Because. When I was seventeen, I never thought I would be married by the time I was twenty, much less have a baby." I explained.

"Okay. Just think about it for me, please?" He asked.

I nodded and relaxed before I had to think about having a baby with Jack. It honestly can't be that bad. I love him, and I want to have children with him, but I don't know when.