CHAPTER 2

Ashley’s POV

Run.

My breath hitched at the look in his eyes. There was a certain coldness and malevolence in his gaze. It only amplified with each ticking second instead of lessening.

To the point that the feeling became choking.

What is with his murderous look?

I frowned at his hostility towards me.

I was already caught in the complexity of my thoughts the moment he stepped out. His presence was troubling me for unknown reasons.

His face was bothering me.

Those eyes were bothering me a lot

They looked so familiar.

I wore my heels hurriedly and stood up to leave. It seemed like the wisest thing to do instead of engaging in any other action with this nameless stranger.

I focused my eyes on the floor and tried to walk out and pass him without making my nervousness noticeable.

I gasped loudly when he grabbed my arm right when I crossed him to prevent me from my sweet escape.

I was doomed.

I couldn’t hide the wave of terror that ran through my whole body in the form of a shiver at his touch.

I held my breath when he turned me roughly toward him. I was now looking directly at him.

There it was again.

The feeling of Deja vu.

My heartbeat and breath quickened in pace for unknown reasons.

He was tall; six-something with a buff body. The fitting of his expensive black suit outlined his defined muscles.

His face was attractive but screamed danger. His features were sharp and defined.

His jet-black hair was styled to perfection to complete his flawless looks.

This man in front of me was insanely handsome.

But the most mesmerising feature of his entire existence was his eyes.

Sharp and captivating steely grey eyes.

“Leave me” I tried to shake his iron hold on my arm.

What was this feeling?

It was not normal. Not in any way.

I felt the same fear after so many years and it put all my senses into flight mode.

“Let go,” My burrows furrowed when he refused to listen. “Ow,” I cried out in pain when his hold on me tightened painfully.

Something shifted in him.

“Who are you?” He asked coldly. “What are you doing here?”

“I–” My mouth turned down in disdain at his disrespectful tone and action. “Who are you?” I shot back.

He jerked me closer to him and towered over me intimidatingly. His action made me more uncomfortable with his invasion of my personal space.

It was unnerving and palpitating.

“I was not doing anything that your brain could be inferring.” I tried to speak as calmly as possible. “I and my friend got separated. I was just looking for her.” I said without shrinking away under his gaze.

I won’t let him enjoy the fact that he was scaring the shit out of me.

“Are you done with your interrogation? Let me go now.” I wiggled in his hold but he didn’t bat a lash. “Let go or I will scream.”