CHAPTER 3

Ashley’s POV

I glared at Marie when she pulled the blanket off of me.

I hated when somebody woke me up forcefully.

“It’s cold,” I whined. “You want me to get sick?” Marie threw the blanket on me in answer. I pulled my head out to scowl at her. “What is wrong with you? It’s Saturday, it’s the weekend. Why are you waking me up so early in the morning?”

“It’s eleven,” Marie sat down on the chair next to my bed. “We are going out.”

“Out? Where?” I sat up at last and stretched my arms above my head.

“Here and there” Marie replied cryptically.

“Means I will regret it later?” I said with a straight face.

“You will not regret it. Get ready and come down. I already made breakfast.” Marie stood up. “As soon as you are done, we are leaving.”

Marie walked out of my room all merrily.

I just shook my head and got out of bed to freshen up.

There was no point in arguing over it.

Everything was fine when we left for the mall. Everything, except for when Marie revealed her real agenda.

“Like seriously, Marie?” I glared at her murderously. I could not believe I got tricked again.

It was a simple shopping trip according to her. So, I went along with everything because I was also planning to ask her to accompany me to buy books.

Marie literally bulldozed the entire mall. We spent the entire day jumping from one shop to another.

I did not doubt her until she asked me to change by the end of her shopping spree.

If only I knew.

“Oh, come on!” Marie threw her hands up. “Live a little for once. I am here with you.”

“You were with me last night but still I ended up in trouble” I pointed out.

“It will be fine now because they won’t be here.” Marie reasoned. “Come out now.”

“NO,” I straight out refused. “I won’t while wearing this dress.” I pulled at the hem. “It’s uncomfortable.”

Marie forced me into a ridiculously short black dress. According to her, it was not short at all.

It had a heart neckline. The back was deep with criss-cross strings like straps. I couldn’t wear a bra under it because of the design. It hugged my upper body and was loose around my hips. The length of the dress didn’t even reach the middle of my thighs.

Marie forced me to wear stilettos with it. They were way out of my comfort range of heels.

According to her, I was looking beautiful but I was feeling more exposed than beautiful.

“It’s barely covering anything” I whispered and got out of the car.

“It is covering plenty.” Marie groaned. “Where do you want to take all this?” She pointed to me whole. “Loosen up.”

I walked closely behind her.

She was wearing a backless short red dress. It was full-sleeved and had a deep v-cut neckline. Every time Marie moved, the dress hitched up a little from the sides around her hips.

She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. She always did but she looked hot tonight. Her hair was up in a messy bun and she did smoky makeup for her eyes.