Chapter 2

My performance that night was one of the best of my tour. The crowd was so supportive and excited, as always Memphis felt like home. I could feel Elvis' energy throughout my performance, and I could see how happy I was making our fans.

However, I couldn't get my mind off of MaryJane. After running into me she seemed so flustered and embarrassed, that I just wanted to talk to her and finally get to know her.

After my performance, I decided to greet my fans. In the midst of this MaryJane caught my eye, I could see her talking to David before walking towards her dressing room.

An hour had passed, my fans had left the building and I hadn't seen any sign of MaryJane. So, I decided to walk to her dressing room and knock on her door. As soon as I knocked, she answered.

Much to my surprise she had a beaming smile on her face and happily said "Oh, Hi Cody. What are you doing here!?"

"I was wondering if we could talk" I said.

"Sure" she responded whilst signalling me to sit down.

Her dressing room was so beautifully decorated with everything that gave her passion, it allowed me to have my first glimpse into the real "MaryJane" and not just the MaryJane that opened my shows for me.

"I came here to check you were ok, you seem a little embarrassed after what happened today" I said.

She responded " It could've gone better, but I'm not embarrassed. I've been performing on stage for so long that I'm used to it.

I was so relived to hear that she was ok. After finding out that she was not embarrassed like I had thought she was, we talked for a few minutes more. It turns out that she had loved the venue that night too, and thought my performance couldn't had gone any better.

That was my first glimpse into the girl that I had wanted to know. It was getting late, and I had to change and get some practice in for my upcoming performances. I turned to MaryJane and said...

"It's been great talking to you, good night MaryJane"

She softly responded " Good night Cody, I'll see you tomorrow."