0: prologue

[just a warning: this book fucking sucks bc i didn't know how to write when i wrote this lmao wHoOps]

" you've been acting awful tough lately,
smoking a lot of cigarettes lately,
but inside,
you're just a little baby.
it's okay to say you've got a weak spot,
you don't always have to be on top.
better to be hated,
than loved, loved, loved, for what you're not.

you're vulnerable, you're vulnerable,
you are not a robot.
you're lovable, so lovable,
but you're just trouble. "

...

If you attended Belleville High, then you had most likely heard the name 'Frank Iero' floating around the halls and being the main source of conversation, probably more often than not.

And if you attended Belleville High, you had probably never known the name 'Gerard Way' in your life and had probably never heard it, much less used it, in a conversation that was between anyone other than the teachers and staff members, because it certainly wasn't used regularly by the students.

That may be confusing, but it's really not when you get to know their personalities, because the two boys aforementioned, they were the exact definition of complete opposites.

Frank was a party boy: a rebel, a daredevil, and you could even call him a fuckboy if you wanted to go that far. Frank was that one kid in your class that is always constantly getting in trouble and ticking off all of the teachers, to put it simply. He was an outgoing guy, even though he was somewhat hard to get along with. He never did anything he was told to do, considering he believed that your words had absolutely no power over him, even if this did result in him being thrown into significant amounts of trouble. In his world, the only rules that mattered were the ones he had made himself, no matter how hypocritical that sounds. He didn't care what you thought about him; only his opinion mattered. He honestly appeared to not give a fuck, but no one knew how he truly felt at heart.

But Gerard; Gerard was a completely different story. If you took in all the information about Frank's personality and tried to come up with another person who was the exact opposite and a million times less cool, that person would be Gerard. He was a loner, a daydreamer, an artist, a singer, and an over-all distant person. There was simply no way to get him to engage in a conversation when he didn't feel like having one; unless coffee or music was involved, of course. He preferred to be alone, no matter what the circumstances were. It didn't matter if he was thinking too much again or if the world was ending; although those two did feel pretty similar, he would still choose to be alone rather than have someone else's company.

So with the now prior knowledge that these two boys are complete and total opposites, or so they thought, it would be natural to assume that everyone at their school would suppose that they probably would never speak to each other in their lives, much less carry out an actual relationship, right? Well, that's what Gerard and Frank thought.

Until, lo and behold, the rumors began.