05: Interstellar Surge

Saibaman Saga

Episode 1: Small Warriors

His pod blazing through the ocean of space, Raditz began searching for a ripe planet to conquer and sell for his first assignment. His charcoal pupils darted from side to side, glancing at each passing planet. Even with just a glance, he knew they were not enough to satisfy Lord Frieza. His face bore no emotion at the moment, as he continued to pass planet after planet, before finally, he stopped to examine a blue-hued, lush planet. Silently nodding, he'd made his decision to go after this planet.

Unfortunately, a rather tight and rough asteroid belt surrounded the planet, meaning Raditz had to take action against it. A calloused finger reaching for a green button in his pod, upon pressing it, a small hole opens in his pod. He reached his hand slowly out of the hole, launching a massive beam of violet energy at the asteroid field, decimating it and creating a path through to the planet for him, to which he flew cleanly through. His eyes shut as his pod neared the blue-hued ground of this fertile planet, munching on a snack he had brought along with him. As his pod landed, a small vortex of wind blew beneath the smooth, white bottom of his spherical spaceship, dispersing as the pod's sleek form touched the ground and opened its windowed door to let Raditz out.

"Heh. There are some high power levels on this planet as well," noted Raditz as he scanned the planet with his scouter. "This should be a fun planet to conquer."

His charcoal pupils scanned the beautifully formed blue soil of this odd planet, also noting the blue color of the trees. It seemed that this planet was mostly blue, though that was quite obvious. However, his scouter suddenly began to calculate two fastly approaching power levels, two of the high ones he had detected earlier. It was headed straight for him, prompting him to quickly assume a defensive position, senses heightened and his body ready for battle. 

The figures that landed abruptly in front of him took Raditz by surprise; they were rather stocky, with a slight green aura pulsating around their body. Their eyes were beady and their arms rather muscular, with a devious grin on their lips and clawed hands. Before Raditz could finish examining them, one began to speak to the other in a strange tongue, consisting of grunts and screech-like noises, unheard by Raditz before. Then, one began to speak again.

"One of your kind has finally arrived. We've long awaited the chance to tear a Saiyan to shreds, keke! Are you prepared to fall in battle to our superior might?! Ke!"

The charcoal-locked Saiyan warrior merely chuckled at this foolish display of bravery, disregarding, in his mind, the fact that these warriors resembled Saibamen. "I commend you both for your bravery against an obviously superior warrior, so I'll allow you some bit of fun in this fight. But once I've had my fun, it'll be over. Let's go, shortstacks!"

With speed like the wind, Raditz tore his fist through the air to deliver a punch to the gut of one of the fighters, sending him rocketing through the air. Suddenly, the other fighter was upon Raditz, subduing him with a flurry of light, yet mighty jabs aimed towards his pectoral region. Unfortunately for the fighter, Raditz grew tired of being tickled by his strikes. He caught one of the shortie's fists in his hand, before tearing it right off and blasting it to pieces. The fighter staggered backward, beginning to run away before Raditz blasted it to smithereens.

"One down, and one to go. This is the one I'll have fun with."

As the remaining warrior charged at Raditz after recovering from the punch to the jugular, the Saiyan warrior caught the small fighter's fist and flipped him to the ground. A cloud of dust percolated around where the impact was. Hoping to use this as an advantage, Small Guy #2 burst from the dust and delivered a moderately powerful punch to Raditz's jaw, causing the warrior's head to shoot back, as if reeling in pain.

"Hahaha...you really think that puny punch coul--" Just before he could finish his taunt, Small Guy Numero Uno opened his palm and unleashed a ki blast upon Raditz's face, causing him to reach his hands up to clutch his charred face and stagger backwards in shock.

"You damned bastard, you actually managed to injure me! ..Hmph. Whatever. I'll end this now!" Raditz lept into the air quickly, slamming his foot back down to the ground on top of the Small Guy's chest, grinding his foot into his skin, before his foot went right through his foe's chest, killing him.

"Now then, where was I," Raditz remarked as he cleaned his boot of the Small Guy's blood. "Ah, right, I was going to be conquering this, er . . . strange planet. Let's get this over with." And with that, he flew off into the sky, his scouting now scanning for large populations of life.

Episode 2: These Thing Are What?!

His scouter began beeping and whirring as it detected a large amount of power levels, though they were rather small. Something that did worry him, though, was a large power level on the other side of the planet, heading to the same place he was, it seemed. This power level was even greater than the two before, times two, even. "Damn, that power could cause me some issues. I'll exterminate this village and then deal with them!"

Finally, Raditz had located the village of these strange aliens, landing on top of one of them and killing them. "Oops, sorry; I should be more careful of where I'm going." The beings staggered backwards in fear of this alien, one of them pointing out a clawed finger. "It's one of them...one of the Saiyans! Keke... We aren't ready yet...!" 

A more wrinkled-looking, fatter alien emerged from a hut made of surprisingly carefully cut tree wood. "Bastard...they've finally found us. They've even slain Cabaje and Celare...! Keke. It seems like our time has come at long last. We were ill-prepared...keke."

Raditz chuckled and began to speak. "Seems you already know and accept your fate. But before I exterminate all of you, do humour me. How did you know I was a Saiyan, and what exactly are you freaks?" Fat Small Guy cleared his raspy throat, speaking to his kind in the odd language Raditz had heard earlier, before turning back to the Saiyan warrior and staring at him. "This may come as a surprise to you, Saiyan, but all of us...

We are Saibamen."

Now that caught Raditz off-guard. Saibamen, truly? They look strikingly similar to them, though, so he shouldn't be surprised. 

"Our ooze was dumped on this once-empty planet as a sort of junk yard, as we were no longer needed by your kind. We grew intelligent, even building makeshift huts out of these sturdy trees. We began to train with one another, for the day that we might one day be able to revolt against you Saiyans...but then, Planet Vegeta was destroyed. We had no one to rise up against, and so we remained on this planet and created colonies.  Keke... If that's 'humorous' enough for you, then it's now time for us to bid our farewells . . . to you."

Before Raditz could question this fatty, a large being landed violently to the ground below, creating a small crater in the ground. Raditz quickly clicked on his scouter, and it began scanning the being as the large power level he had detected before. 

Damn it all, it's here already!  Raditz thought. This is gonna be one hell of a fight, that's for sure, but I will not lose!

The being emerged from the crater, revealing a large, muscular, red Saibamen, who grunted at Raditz, before leaping out of the crater and charging at the warrior. Raditz, with a determined expression, charged as well, before both of their fists collided in mid-air, causing a powerful wind to quickly sweep the area.

Will Raditz beat this foe? Will he be able to exterminate this planet, as he planned? Find out next time, on Oh, Brother!

_____________________________________________________

Heyo, everyone! I'm terribly sorry for not updating the story in FOREVER, but I'm back now! Chapter 6 will be out soon, and I'm hoping it will satisfy all of you. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!