2 ; kageyama.

you hummed the tune of a song that had been stuck in your head for a while as you stepped out of the school building for lunch, feeling revived after a weekend of good sleep and no homework. since last friday's mishap with that blonde baka, you avoided going to your usual vending machine. instead, you were going to try your luck at one of the outdoor ones.

when you arrived, however, you were sorta surprised to see someone already standing there. the raven-haired guy punched two buttons at the same time, then bent over to grab his milk. he noticed you standing behind him patiently, his blue eyes widening when he took a closer look. he side stepped to give you access to the machine.

you didn't pay him mind as you paid then collected your drink. you began to walk away but frowned to yourself when you couldn't poke the straw through the carton. a hand suddenly darted out and gently grabbed your wrist. you looked up and held in a gasp when you saw the stranger calmly help you.

you couldn't seem to look away from his deep blue irises. it was a color you had swore that you'd never witnessed, and it enraptured your complete attention. also, the aura this guy radiated was striking. dominating, powerful, almost demanding everyone in his proximity to turn around and look at him.

he couldn't help but look at you too. your plump lips, the silky strands of your [h/c] hair as you nervously pushed them behind your ears. the curiosity behind your gaze. he swallowed hard as he gave you your drink back, the straw successfully inside. god, you were ridiculously beautiful.

"thank you."

a delicious tingle shot through his spine when he heard your voice. it was absolutely mesmerizing. he wanted to hear you laugh, speak, moan his name while you writhed underneath him--

he sucked in a breath when he realized you were waiting for a reply. what an idiot! he stuttered out a "no problem" then drank some of his milk as if it would steady his racing heart. at least he didn't look very nerve wrecked on the outside.

you smiled at him, continuing on your way. you can't help but feel a little dejected, and proceeded to beat yourself up in your mind. why hadn't you had the courage to ask him his name?

"kageyama."

you stopped mid-stride. what? you turned around with a wide grin, hands behind your back. "huh?"

the cute boy struggled with his words before adding, "my name's kageyama tobio. i, uh, don't recall seeing you around here before."

subconsciously, you tilted your head and crossed your left leg in front of your right. "i usually don't come out here during lunch. i guess you do, huh?"

he nodded. "yeah, usually."

the way he held himself together interested you. he wasn't exactly shy or reserved, it just seemed like he had a hard time communicating with other people. you interpreted him as the kind of person who preferred to actually do things instead of talking about them. no bark, all bite; that type of thing.

you liked straightforward people since they usually never had ulterior motives. sorta trustworthy. feeling in a comfortable environment, you stepped closer to him and stuck your hand out. "well, i'm [l/n] [f/n]. mind if i hang out with you until lunch ends?"

kageyama shook his head, breath bated as you stood next to him with a content smile. he could smell your perfume from how close you were standing and it was driving him crazy. together, the two of you walked aimlessly around the school grounds. neither one of you said a word though, and you took the silence as a friendly, enjoyable one.

when the bell chimed, you groaned inwardly. you were enjoying being in kageyama's presence and really didn't want to go to class. honestly, you were even tempted in skipping class altogether if it meant spending more time with the raven-haired guy.

"same time tomorrow?"

you were shocked by the words that came out of kageyama's mouth, even more so when you saw the half-smirk on his lips. he had to duck down a little to see your face since he was taller than you, but you felt good trapped under his stature.

you flashed him a devious smile of your own. "yeah. same time tomorrow." you escaped his intense gaze and backed away with a wink. "but you're paying for my drink next time." he didn't protest.

✿ ✿ ✿

i'm so thirsty for kags and tsukki that it reflects in my writing. i bring myself to shame. *sighs*