5 ; third years.

being the most reliable senpais on the volleyball team, almost everyone ran to sawamura daichi and sugawara koushi for advice.

at first, it started with yamaguchi a pair of weeks ago. a little red in the face, he admitted to the vice captain about an incident where he and tsukishima had met a pretty girl. suga nodded and commented when necessary, finishing with a comforting pat on the back to boost his kouhai's confidence. "just talk to her, be nice. be you. okay, yamaguchi?" the first-year had gone away relieved, suga beaming like a proud mother.

then, both tanaka and nishinoya approached daichi to tell him about the spunky girl they met in detention. suga, who had been getting dressed nearby, chuckled when he saw the pair get worked up as usual about a girl.

"but this isn't just any girl, suga-san!" noya exclaimed.

"this is a goddess! she can't be human!" tanaka added.

daichi told them to lay off, that their intensity was bound to scare the rest of the female population of karasuno, but sugawara watched them slouch off with a pensive look on his face.

it was when kageyama, the ever-emotionless setter, came up to the third-year with girl troubles of his own that suga started suspecting something was going on. so of course he consulted his best friend on this one day before practice.

"i don't know, daichi, doesn't it seem weird to you?"

the volleyball captain shrugged his jersey on. "having a crush isn't bad, suga."

the silver haired boy sighed, shaking his head. "i don't mean that. i just... i get the feeling that every teammate's girl sounds awfully familiar."

hinata suddenly busted into the club room, chest rising and falling uncontrollably. "h-help!"

suga and daichi frowned, expecting kageyama to come barreling after him while calling him a dumbass. but after a moment of silence and watching hinata slowly turn blue, suga stepped forward and leaned down to stare the first-year in the eyes.

"what's the matter, hinata?" he sighed.

hinata sucked in a deep breath before squeaking out "cute girl" in the most terrified voice they had ever heard come from him. he sounded even more scared than the day he accidentally served to the back of kageyama's head.

daichi chuckled. "so you too, huh?" he subtly prodded suga's ribs, motioning for him to handle things.

sugawara gave his friend the smallest of glares before turning to their kouhai with a gentle look. "okay, hinata. tell me what's wrong?"

hinata quickly illustrated how minutes ago, he ran over a girl. about how he landed on her... how he had to pedal away as fast as he could... he didn't mention that he had to get rid of the slight problem in his pants before coming to practice because, obviously, that would be too embarrassing.

suga took a deep breath, shaking his head. "at least you apologized. profusely, might i add."

"i have no idea what you just said, suga-san, but i did say sorry a lot!"

daichi turned away to hide his laughter, covering it up with an odd cough while suga inhaled to steady himself. "so what do you need help with?"

"uwahhhhhh!" hinata sunk to his knees, head hanging low. "i need advices on how to approach her tomorrow and ask her if she's okay. the crash scraped her knees pretty bad."

"do you know what class she's in?"

hinata made a face.

"i suggest you look for her at lunch," suga said. "calmly ask her if she's feeling better, maybe gift her with something small."