Chapter 1: Back Story

Trey's POV.

"Hey, I'm Trey Tyler, I am 17 years old and a senior at Midlare highschool in Tulare California. I come from a family of five, my mother, father, brother and sister. I have a few different jobs, I work at a small ice-cream shop near the mall called Dairy king, It's pretty popular and gets a lot of business so we're always on our toes. Some customers are pretty rude and demanding though, but my co-workers are mostly friendly, and I get paid a reasonable amount for the time I work so can't really complain, and besides, I need this money to help out my family and pay for me to go to college. I also work for the neighborhood news paper office, I have been privileged the very responsible Job of.. Getting my boss coffee.. Yep, coffee. But don't think I get paid just to deliver coffee, although that would be a very amazing job. However, I am also the guy that keeps this whole place up and running, without me there would be no newspaper office! I'm like the glue, I keep everything and everyone together, if I wasn't here then everything would fall apart,  or at least that's what I like to tell myself, In case you haven't figured it out, I am the janitor. I keep the place clean and tidy, and believe this is no sample task! But it pays off in the end..sometimes. my other job isn't much of a job, you see, I help this other couple out that lives across the street, I help them with cleaning, cooking, shopping, yard work, and I even help feed their 2 cats sometimes, you see, they don't really have anyone else, all their kids and grandkids live out of state. It's not very often they see them. They always try to pay me for helping them, usually I refuse, I can't accept money for this! It wouldn't be right, I love Mr and Mrs Phibbs, they are like the parents I've never had, they've always been here for me, and I want to be here for them too, however, there had been times they have managed to sneak money into my pockets, you would seriously never believe how incredibly blessed I am to have them in my life.
There's also this boy I look after. His name is Ray, His parents pay me to take care  and look after him since they are usually off on business trips and vacations.  We've grown to become very close, he's like a little brother to me, I've been watching over him since he was 10 years old, now he's 14, boy do they grow up fast...
At school I'm not exactly the most popular guy.. And by that I mean I am completely invisible. Yep, I'm the guy in the back that  the girls never notice, that is until they need help with their school. I am bullied and made fun of a lot, it use to bother me a lot but now I've come to realize they're opinions of me don't matter, only mine does. I get along with the teachers pretty well, actually more than I do my classmates. During class I am always working hard for my grades, while most kids are passing notes and texting. And while all the other kids are out partying and "living the life",I am home studying. But I couldn't care less about popularity, those kids are all full of themselves and spoiled brats, it's like they clap their hands and snap their fingers and everyone is down at their feet, they get everything they want, and get to treat everyone however they please, and there's nothing you can do about it, but just a couple more months and I'm out of here.
The populars consist of mainly 7 people, James Calo, James is on the football team, basketball team, and baseball! If anyone is going to get a sports scholarships here then it's James. Then there's his girl friend Alice Mayer. Alice is very into fashion, I don't think I've ever seen her wear the same outfit twice, she's on the girls volleyball team and is shockingly very good at it for someone who cries everytime she breaks a nail. Then there's Ethan roam, he's on the football team and throws the best parties, or so everyone says, all the girls are In love with his eyes, I mean seriously why? My eyes are just as good! Then there's Joseph Smith, he's the school clown, and the master of pranks, he's also on the baseball team, but nobody is more full of themselves then he is, his ignorance could fill half of the world.
Then there's Tina swift, she's beautiful and knows it, so of course that goes to her head, and all the guys fall at her feet, oh gosh even I would, but with that smile, who wouldn't?! It's like poison. Can't even count how many times she's cheated off me in chemistry, yet doesn't even know my name or even what I look like.. But how could she when she'd always staring at my hard work!  MY hard work, MY! Then there's Kyle Martin, he's team captain of the football team, and apparently the "hottest" guy in school, or at least that's what all the girls say, but more like the biggest jerk in the school.. Trust me, I would know. But that's a whole other story. Then there's his girlfriend, Dana Rover. Dana Rover is Head cheerleader captain, beautiful, rich, and purely evil.  And by evil I mean absolutely incredible, her laugh,  her smile, her eyes, her hair. and yet I fail to exist in her world. I use to have this huge crush on her, until she made the  worst decision of her life, no that's an understatement, the absolute worst decision in the history of decisions of everyone everywhere! Dating my brother.. Yep, Kyle Martin is my brother.
But how is that possible? Why don't we have the same last name?
Well, you see, I was adopted.
Never knew my parents, they died when I was only 3. I was put in a foster home until the martins adopted me at the age of 5. I never fully felt like I fitted in, I was always the odd one out, the one who wasn't actually part of the family.. When I was 8 They wanted to change my last name to match there's but I refused. All I really had of my parents was my name, that was something I was going to hold on to forever. Besides my name all I have left of them is this picture of my dad and mom and I when I was 9 months old, and a vintage old sliver watch that was my father's that I never take off,  and a unfinished book, you see my father was a dedicated writer, I mean yeah I can buy his books but this one is a original.. His personal handwriting. All his books were based off of his life, there's a whole series of 7 books! And the characters are based off people he knew and himself, I know that because the unfinished book ends off THREE years after a baby boy was born to a 24 year old man and 25 year old woman, that's how old my parents were when I was born.. And the baby boys name was Ray, makes perfect sense, Tray, Ray, they rhyme perfectly! I've used my father's series to come to know about my parents. I own every book, and the one the world has not come to know.. Unfinished as it may be, it's the most precious thing I own.
So that's me, Trey Tyler, and this is my story."

*************
Dana's POV.

"Hi! I'm Dana Rover, head of the cheerleader squad, most popular senior girl at Midlare High. I'm an only child from a super rich family.  I used to have an older brother. He died right before graduation in a tragic car crash that killed him and his best friend. I was 15 when he died and took it really hard because we were super close. But all my friends have helped me through it, just like they help me through everything else. That's the past though. I'm always told to focus on the present, so that's what I try to do. Not dwell on the past. Just turn the page and write a new chapter, because there's no point in trying to rewrite an old one. I can't edit or revise it to make it perfect. Life can be a mess, but it's usually a perfectly put together chaotic mess. Sort of contradictory, I guess. So, focusing back on the present with my high class immediate and extended family....

My aunt started this real estate agency 20 years ago and my mom works for her. She's the top realtor. And my dad's a lawyer so my family is loaded! I don't even need to get a job like most of other kids at high school. Which is great because I have more important things to do after school. Like hang out with my boyfriend and best friend. Kyle Martin, captain of the football team, is my boyfriend. Everyone says he's a jerk, but he's the sweetest and hottest guy I've ever met. His eyes are so dreamy....Anyway, then there's my best friend, Tina Swift. She's the most gorgeous girl ever, which causes all the other boys to love her. She's had countless boyfriends but when one comes along that's better than the other, she breaks up with her current one and moves on down the line. Sometimes I worry she'll replace me too, not just boys. But whatever.
Anyway, there's a couple other people who are just as popular as we are. James Calo, his girlfriend, Alice Mayer, major fashionista, Joseph Smith, most hilarious person ever, and Ethan roam. Every weekend, we have these huge parties that Ethan throws. He's amazing at organizing them and always has the best music playing. There are some kids who'd prefer to stay home studying, but not us. We're die hard partiers. That's what everyone expects from us, being popular and all, others expect us to be sort of rebellious, so we meet those expectations. Just like I attempt to meet all the other expectations. It can be hard with all this pressure to be perfect, but wild all at once. But I try my best. That's just the way my life is. Pretty much how it's always been."